Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an older 22 semi auto rifle and I can't get it to fire. I removed the stock and pulled out the trigger assembly and when I cock the hammer with my thumb, it will fire. Every time I replace the trigger assembly and put the rifle back together ... it's the same thing ... nothing. I've determined that when the bolt assembly is fully pulled rearward to chamber the first round, it's not fully cocking the hammer. I just don't know why. Anybody out there know what the cause might be? My best guess is that the bolt is just worn out or ground down slightly enough to not push the hammer completely down. But the bolt doesn't look worn and I'm just completely guessing. I am by no means a gun smith, but I like to tinker and was hoping this was something I could fix. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

·
Super Moderator
28,619 Posts
Are you torquing the screws toooooo tight??? Maybe too much pressure on 1 keeping it from engaging???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the manual?
If it's the higgins 29 it has very specific inst for installing the trigger.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/jchiggins_29.pdf
That's the one. :). I was reading this exact manual. I made sure the hammer is cocked every time I reassemble, but it just won't work. I've tried it probably 30 times to the point where my fingers are cramping and I had to go get a cold beer out of the fridge. Lol. It's a cool, older 22. Just a shame I can't get it to work.

·
Super Moderator
28,619 Posts
Shoot Glassplus a PM, Jerome could fix it!!!! He'd do it right fer the right $$$ too!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,619 Posts
It might get lost in that big blue workshop of his. Lol. :). Good idea. I'll shoot him a pm. Thanks.
When me and the ole lady went over there last week, she had the nerve to say my shed was more crowded!!! Good ole Jerome would be able to find a specific shell casing in there ifin you asked him!!!! He's a great guy!:thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When me and the ole lady went over there last week, she had the nerve to say my shed was more crowded!!! Good ole Jerome would be able to find a specific shell casing in there ifin you asked him!!!! He's a great guy!:thumbup:
I agree. Super guy. How bad ass is it to have a range at your house? Very cool. That workshop could use a little spring cleaning, though. :). As long as there's a trail to the workbench and the safe, it's all good!

·
Super Moderator
28,619 Posts
I agree. Super guy. How bad ass is it to have a range at your house? !

It's tough.....I walk about 50 paces from my backdoor and I'm at mine:thumbsup: Jerome has a wayyyy better set up then me though:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts