Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Bearded Brotula

Registered
Gun safety isn鈥檛 something a gun owner should ever overlook. Everyone knows what can happen when a firearm isn鈥檛 adequately secured within a home. As a result, firearm owners need to consider extra preventative measures whenever storing one.

Registered
Gun safety isn鈥檛 something a gun owner should ever overlook. Everyone knows what can happen when a firearm isn鈥檛 adequately secured within a home. As a result, firearm owners need to consider extra preventative measures whenever storing one.
Just keep yours up your A$$ where it belongs.

Registered
Always have a pistol target or a fishing rod in the vehicle outside of hunting season and you're good to go open carrying in Florida. LEOs may give you trouble but it's legal traveling to and from hunting, fishing, camping or target shooting. I remember the pre-Janet Reno days when you didn't need an excuse to open carry.

Bearded Brotula
Always have a pistol target or a fishing rod in the vehicle outside of hunting season and you're good to go open carrying in Florida. LEOs may give you trouble but it's legal traveling to and from hunting, fishing, camping or target shooting.
This statement and your signature are not copacetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Splittine

Super Moderator
Always have a pistol target or a fishing rod in the vehicle outside of hunting season and you're good to go open carrying in Florida. LEOs may give you trouble but it's legal traveling to and from hunting, fishing, camping or target shooting. I remember the pre-Janet Reno days when you didn't need an excuse to open carry.
You legit don鈥檛 need an excuse in Florida to ever carry a firearm in a vehicle. That鈥檚 pretty obvious in state status. You can legally carry a pistol in your truck just cause.

Registered
You legit don鈥檛 need an excuse in Florida to ever carry a firearm in a vehicle. That鈥檚 pretty obvious in state status. You can legally carry a pistol in your truck just cause.
Oh you can, but if it's carried openly you may go to jail if you're not going or coming from one of the above activities. The "law" says it must be securely encased and not readily accessible for immediate use. And it's not my statement, it's Florida statutes. Do I agree? What do you think?

Reactions: Yellow River Cat

Registered
You're so right. Mine are stored locked and loaded in almost every corner and drawer of almost every room in the house. I see those as excellent preventative measures.

Registered
You're so right. Mine are stored locked and loaded in almost every corner and drawer of almost every room in the house. I see those as excellent preventative measures.
Mine are all locked in the safe except the one next to my bed. If someone were to break into your house in the middle of the night, came in a spare bedroom, found a hidden pistol in the nightstand, then he is armed and inside your house. Not a good idea IMHO

Registered

Registered
You'll probably wish for a bigger one. The number of guns they rate them for is not very realistic unless they mean pistols.
I had a bigger one which was a bitch to move so I let the new home owners who bought my house have it. If this one turns out not to be big enough I'll buy another smaller one down the road. One of my boys has moved out and taken his guns with, number 2 will take his guns when he leaves in about 6 years. I'm also selling a couple of long guns and buying pistols so my needs for a big safe are shrinking.

Registered
I'm curious if most people store their ammo in their safe. I know a lot of guys have pretty big stockpiles that take up a lot of room.

Reactions: 69Viking

Registered
I'm curious if most people store their ammo in their safe. I know a lot of guys have pretty big stockpiles that take up a lot of room.
Not me I have a reloading room and safes scattered around the house A box of at least 50 rounds for bigger stuff. Hornets' fireball's' .222 .223 etc vermin rounds 100 round or so boxes for each rifle on top of the safe that it lives in.

Registered
I've got a reloading room too but I like to keep some ammo in the safe in case of fire. Thinking about a dedicated ammo safe.

Reactions: jwilson1978
21 - 40 of 45 Posts