Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 31 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes there are rules. No hunting at night.
I don't want to speak for him, but what I think he meant was he has no personal rules for hogs--other than anything goes. Hogs are a nuisance and we'll never be rid of them. Use your own judgment.

·
Praedator
10,056 Posts
Trapping and dogs are the only way to get rid of them or knock them down from a property if they have established themselves and not just passing through.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Or maybe he just meant FL, as noted. Private land and I'm given the ok from whoever controls it, I'd drop the hammer on em.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know of a hog that moves on when you are using a feeder continuously on your property. I see the same porkers in the same general areas every year on public land.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not here in FL. It's open season 24/7.
On private land only right? If you hunt them on a WMA you have to use whatever weapon is in season at the time unless I read some rules wrong. (bow during archery, shot gun or rimfire during small game, centerfire only allowed during general gun)

·
Registered
190 Posts
On private land only right? If you hunt them on a WMA you have to use whatever weapon is in season at the time unless I read some rules wrong. (bow during archery, shot gun or rimfire during small game, centerfire only allowed during general gun)
Correct as to public land AND they have to be lawful to shoot in season you are hunting. .

·
Praedator
10,056 Posts
Or maybe he just meant FL, as noted. Private land and I'm given the ok from whoever controls it, I'd drop the hammer on em.
Or I can't read and don't pay attention either. Alabama hog rules are pretty dumb if you ask me though. So far we don't have a problem with them over running public land. They keep moving for food and don't stick around a single area much.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Or I can't read and don't pay attention either. Alabama hog rules are pretty dumb if you ask me though. So far we don't have a problem with them over running public land. They keep moving for food and don't stick around a single area much.
The word "hog" and "rules" have no business in the same sentence. Or paragraph for that matter.

21 - 31 of 30 Posts