Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry, didn't like the poll answers. I think that Gulp is a good substitute for live bait. Its somewhere between live and better than the best artificial. <U>It doesn't replace live bait</U>.

Uptil about 3 PM today I have been fishing with the same gulp shrimp for about 4 hours, I would have gone through a couple of dozen live shrimp in that time. The only reason I lost it was I hung up and the line broke. While conditions and the fisherperson (politically correct term)will determine if its cost effective, I do hate forking over the 20 something dollars for a plastic bucket. Hopefully other bait manufacturers will start making a similar line and drive the price down.

So my poll answer, while overpriced its the bestsubstitute for live bait.

·
Registered
418 Posts
One thing that I always have in my tackle box is a gold spoon, everything hits it. I did learn something about rigging one not long ago.

I had an older one with a really wornout hook, the only hook I had handywas a 4/0 circle hook. I found myself bouncing it off rocks and casting in placing I would pretty much avoided with the stock hook. The circle hook made it weedless. I still caught fish on it, but I had to fish it like a circle and not try to break its jaw on the first bite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts