Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fishing the Gulp 3" shrimp, usually New Penny w or w/o fleck, for years and it seems that my last batch is very different in that they are much softer and less durable. Some older shrimp I have are much firmer. Has the formula been changed or did I get a bad batch?

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,062 Posts
I have read many articles and variouis forum complaints about Gulp changing the formula and the baits are softer and less durable. Their representatives at various industry shows are getting input from the public on the issue. Whether Berkley goes back to the original formula or something else is yet to be seen. They do work but I don't use them much due to the cost and short life.

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,062 Posts
They definitely are fragile but they do work. I save the torn up ones, cut them up and tip my jigs when I am fishing for panfish.
~JOE~

Hmmmm.....never done that.....how do they work compared to a cricket or worm.?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I quit using them because the packaging would leak and I found that Procure gel works better.

I use Procure on everything - topwater, suspending, soft plastics, whatever. Even flies will get an occasional dab of Procure.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I quit using them because the packaging would leak and I found that Procure gel works better.

I use Procure on everything - topwater, suspending, soft plastics, whatever. Even flies will get an occasional dab of Procure.
I have found the Gulp lately to be softer and not as useful because of it, as well. And I too use a lot of procure. I think it helps. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts