Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think you should go out there in the morning and physically stop them from wanting at the Cesar good or bad for that matter. Hey looks awesome right now after this weather dissipated and the pass is nice and smooth too

·
On a boat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You saw someone on a new kayak that hasn't fished the gulf very much get dumped after he got caught in a big one 1 out of 4 wasn't bad. That wasn't a very bad surf at all, maybe for you idk your abilities. SharkEater had no issue in his PA14. Landing was a little trick the guy in the green yak dumped it I landed it without issue.

So far king and Spanish waiting on Sharkeater to come in see what he caught.

·
Registered
293 Posts
lost it all

I flipped mine on the way in. I sent a rod, tackle box with all tackle, and a mirage drive to Davey jones locker. I did catch a small king though.;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Bummer, thats a $600 loss just for the drive! At least you can replace a drive.

I still wouldnt call it an "easy" launch by any means. I fish the Gulf exclusively and have logged hundreds of hours and approaching a thousand miles, but I guess my abilities are still not up to par.

·
Registered
293 Posts
lost drive

I agree my pocket hurts, some people pay for college, I just paid for a ocean education. It wasn't easy for me but I learned a lot. Someone will find it eventually, I think my tackle box will show up eventually.:no:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Easy SeaRover, he wasn't challenging you duder. The surf, was an obstacle yesterday, but that's a part of taking a yak out on the Gulf of Mexico. You could just walk your dog at the beach talking about not going out, but still wanting to fish, or you could figure things out, build up your courage, and find your resolve. Sometimes the yak is going to capsize...when it does, one needs to know what to do. I do know there is one less opinion ill be asking for on this forum though. Yesterday was one of the best fishing experiences I've had. What a roller coaster ride! Folks, fortune favors the bold. Our yak team may have seemed negligent of the risks, but we knew full well what we were getting into. Hey, go catch some fish, and have a helluva ride doing it! We caught fish. We had a great time. We were together. Yesterday we discovered a new realm of POSSIBLE.

Dallis, we're sorry to hear about your losses duder! Congratulations on the King! Hopefully we'll see ya again soon. It was great meeting you! Congratulations to SeaRover for his awesome catch, and thank you to SharkEater for coming out and catching the live minnows! A great group of fellas! See y'all for another adventure soon!

·
Registered
293 Posts
again

Thanks. It was good meeting yall too. I still have someone's life jacket. I will be out again as soon as I replace the mirage drive and all my tackle.:(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks. It was good meeting yall too. I still have someone's life jacket. I will be out again as soon as I replace the mirage drive and all my tackle.:(
Put the word out about your drive being lost, someone may just find it and return it to you if they know about it. I've seen a post about someone that found a turbo fin and asked around here until they found the rightful owner. All fisherman are 100% honest, right?!

This is actually a good book if any of you are into reading; "All Fisherman Are Liars" By Linda Greenlaw, who was the female captain in The Perfect Storm. It is true stories from a few of her swordfishing trips and stuff and stuff. Good read.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey man, the life jacket is mine return it when you can. If I'd had some idea where you dumped at I could dive that area and see if we could find at least the drive. If you want to look for it let me know and I'll come with you.

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Easy SeaRover, he wasn't challenging you duder. The surf, was an obstacle yesterday, but that's a part of taking a yak out on the Gulf of Mexico. You could just walk your dog at the beach talking about not going out, but still wanting to fish, or you could figure things out, build up your courage, and find your resolve. Sometimes the yak is going to capsize...when it does, one needs to know what to do. I do know there is one less opinion ill be asking for on this forum though. Yesterday was one of the best fishing experiences I've had. What a roller coaster ride! Folks, fortune favors the bold. Our yak team may have seemed negligent of the risks, but we knew full well what we were getting into. Hey, go catch some fish, and have a helluva ride doing it! We caught fish. We had a great time. We were together. Yesterday we discovered a new realm of POSSIBLE.

Dallis, we're sorry to hear about your losses duder! Congratulations on the King! Hopefully we'll see ya again soon. It was great meeting you! Congratulations to SeaRover for his awesome catch, and thank you to SharkEater for coming out and catching the live minnows! A great group of fellas! See y'all for another adventure soon!

Well said yellow!!! There is a lot to be said for pure gumption and determination. Its not like anyone went out alone or in hurricane conditions. Bummer to hear about the gear lost but thats what leashes are for and obviously even leashes wont save everything. All the preparations in the world can go south at any time out in the big blue so fish when you can guys!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks shark. I looked for it the other day with snorkle gear but visibility was bad. I was in water over 6' deep, half the length of the pier out from where we launched. Just to the east. By the time I hit shore I was just east of the launch, the waves were hitting the shore at a 45 degree angle. I'm.gonna post on here later with the details, thanks jay.

·
Registered
293 Posts
tips

When I come in when it's rough I always leave my drive in. Use the bungee strap to keep the pedals apart and the fins up against the hull.

I launched at a different spot today so I wasn't able to look.

I never really thought of doing that. That would have kept it in. I thought I was trying to protect from losing it. Thanks for the tip.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts