Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
On a boat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YRM and I are planning a Gulf trip Saturday launching from Navarre Beach at 7am. If anyone would like to join us let me know so everyone is one the same page!

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
looks like a few of us might be out the following weekend. try to make it!

i'll be looking for jack crevalle this weekend inshore/bay area.

·
On a boat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TXFLY we are going early so maybe squeeze it in? Maybe at most a mile mostly trolling and bottom fishing structure. As far as a time in I was thinking lunch maybe a little before.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wish I wasn't on call this weekend or I would be Johnny on the spot! Went out there a few weeks ago and got skunked. Spent a good bit of time trying to find structure with my new ff didn't have much luck with that either. Caught plenty of bait fish though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TXFLY we are going early so maybe squeeze it in? Maybe at most a mile mostly trolling and bottom fishing structure. As far as a time in I was thinking lunch maybe a little before.
Checked out the kayaks at hurlburt, disappointing but doable. I'll see if I can swing it, been years since I fished the Navarre area, would love to get out there.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We'll be meeting up early!! This is a chance to get out there and see what's past those grass lines. Rent a yak if ya'll have too! Friday night, Aug 23, Sea Rover and I will be hitting the mouth of Escambia Bay at the lighthouse for live bait for in the morning! This would be a great way to meet us, and get some fresh live bait for Saturday. Let us know! PM either of us. Tight lines!!! YRM

·
The Yakslayer
590 Posts
Keep an eye on the weather guys. It's 50% chance of storms and surf forecast has been slowly deteriorating all week. You don't want to be out there when the fecal matter impacts the rotating air circulation device.

·
On a boat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We'll be meeting up early!! This is a chance to get out there and see what's past those grass lines. Rent a yak if ya'll have too! Friday night, Aug 23, Sea Rover and I will be hitting the mouth of Escambia Bay at the lighthouse for live bait for in the morning! This would be a great way to meet us, and get some fresh live bait for Saturday. Let us know! PM either of us. Tight lines!!! YRM
Pensacola Bay

·
Registered
413 Posts
Keep an eye on the weather guys. It's 50% chance of storms and surf forecast has been slowly deteriorating all week. You don't want to be out there when the fecal matter impacts the rotating air circulation device.
Thanks for the advice Blackjeep. We'll be watching. We're hopeful though. We don't let a little rain stop us, but large waves and swells might change our minds. All is subject to change upon accepting this fishing fiasco. If you are afraid of getting wet, or taking a calculated risk (this goes out to those who should come but are probably going to sit at home and continuously click on the "New Posts" button at the top of the PFF website) then you should consider whether or not you've got the adequate dedication to be a fisherman. We love to fish on here...it's what we do...our jobs fund it. Bring an umbrella and an innertube...fish however you have too. Tight lines!!! YRM

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Unless conditions do a 180 (which they arent) there is no way in hell I would go offshore tomorrow. I was just at the pier, solid 3-4fters out there. If you do go, please wear your life jacket and have your gopros on so we can get some good video! Be careful guys!!

·
baby_doc
419 Posts
Unless conditions do a 180 (which they arent) there is no way in hell I would go offshore tomorrow. I was just at the pier, solid 3-4fters out there. If you do go, please wear your life jacket and have your gopros on so we can get some good video! Be careful guys!!
+1 becareful guys, theres a fine line between dedication, and taking unnecessary risk.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We are in no way unrealistic, or stupid. Good call fellas, but the trip planners (us) have yet to put eyes on the Gulf Waters. An early am launch may still work out. I do not put myself in harms way, as I wouldn't anyone else to be put into harms way to help...meaning...we got this fellas. if we change locations for the planned trip, such as to the Sound or Bays, then one of us will let ya'll know. Four foot swells don't sound fun to be honest, so it might not workout in the Gulf...but hell or highwater, we're gonna be getting our lines wet somewhere. The rest of ya'll can stay dry...we'll post pics...;) Tight lines!! YRM

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
You are going to have 4 ft. Seas Sat. And rain and higher winds with the rain. I wouldn't go out in a 21 ft boat in that crap.

·
On a boat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A lot of resistance to fishing on here as usual. As YRM said we aren't blind, if in the early morning we deem the seas not safe we will fish inshore. Not rocket science here. The weather reports have been nothing but shitty the last month so we will just have to make a visual decision. If you want to get technical there is nothing smart about taking a 14ft piece of plastic made out of recycled soda bottles into the Gulf to start with no matter the conditions.

And its not looking better next weekend so all go pile up on the pier to pier trip thread and piss in their Wheaties instead of ours for a change. Every time YRM and I go fishing I post up so others who don't for safeties sake don't want to fish alone, instead of that it always turns into "there is a ripple on the water" bs and everyone plays armchair weatherman.

Or we can argue about Zimmerman and reel brands, hat seems to be more what PFF is about......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts