Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I didn't really believe that there were sturgeon in the bays around here. I thought it was just some animal group talking up an endangered species or something. However after today I believe. I saw one jump about ten yards from my boat on the blackwater bay (just south of the I-10 bridge). I thought that was pretty neat.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
I've seen 2 jump while looking for Cobia a couple years ago. Nobody believes me, it was nearly in the same spot about a week apart. I had a witness the second time. They "summer" in the rivers, "winter" in the near gulf.

http://research.myfwc.com/features/view_article.asp?id=3346

I think TCAT and Xiphius have shocked a couple to the surface while surveying forthe new I-10 bridge.

Jim

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I've actually caught one. Use to have pix's until a computer crash.

I actually snagged it in the face when it looked at a Stretch 30 to close.

I was between the Mass. and the Pass.

This was quite a few years ago.

·
Registered
724 Posts
plenty of them up yellow river. in fact, a little sign at the make-shift ramp at the southern end of the long bridge on 87 says to be watchful of them. they get completely out of the water at times. just imagine doin 50-60 in a bass boat and gettin whopped by one of them suckers. my son and i were fishing there over the summer and saw or heard at least a dozen jump out of the water over the course of several hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts