Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else doing the study? They do a phone survey then show up at your house to take blood and urine?
The guys didnt have an id so I sent him packin plus I don't think I have 8 vials of blood in me!!

Rockin

Billd

·
NRA Lifetime Member
504 Posts
Anyone else doing the study? They do a phone survey then show up at your house to take blood and urine?
The guys didnt have an id so I sent him packin plus I don't think I have 8 vials of blood in me!!

Rockin

Billd
Sounds like some Govt scam...

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Interesting, I am currently working/living just up the road from NIH. I know alot of people that work there. I will ask some of them if they know anything about it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did the study a while back. I did a long phone interview with them. They set up an appointment and came to my house and did a full medical workup on me. I felt like a pin cushion when it was over. It wasn't a scam. They give you the results they find. I thought it would be good to get something documented incase something comes up later from my tar-balling expeditions.

Justin

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the phone part and that wasn't bad. 8 vials of blood is way over kill in my book. I thought it was legit, just that I got a song and dance about loosing his id when his car got broken into. Personally they should have you go to a lab to do the blood work, considering the amount. Who knows where you blood ends up? Thats your DNA that you have no clue where its going.

·
Registered
263 Posts
They called me and I told them no thanks. Talking about our tax dollars in action.:cursing: She seemed shocked that I wouldn't want to participate. There is absolutely nothing in those tarballs that could harm you then or later on. If you have changed the oil in your car you have had more exposure to benzene than you ever would picking up tar balls unless you ate them.

My favorite is the smokers who were and are worried about benzine exposure through tarballs. What can you say to someone puffing on a cancer stick taking in more toxic levels of benzine in one puff then they could in a life-time of picking up tarballs?:no:

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
They called me and I told them no thanks. Talking about our tax dollars in action.:cursing: She seemed shocked that I wouldn't want to participate. There is absolutely nothing in those tarballs that could harm you then or later on. If you have changed the oil in your car you have had more exposure to benzene than you ever would picking up tar balls unless you ate them.

My favorite is the smokers who were and are worried about benzine exposure through tarballs. What can you say to someone puffing on a cancer stick taking in more toxic levels of benzine in one puff then they could in a life-time of picking up tarballs?:no:
Its not about the tar balls, its all about the Corexit EC9500A and Corexit EC9527A

Before you comment on this read about the product first, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corexit No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product.

I wont go into details about this but I can tell you some thing is changing in the gulf BP related or not. They pumped this stuff into the gulf at on average 23,000 gallons a day.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Its not about the tar balls, its all about the Corexit EC9500A and Corexit EC9527A

Before you comment on this read about the product first, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corexit No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product.

I wont go into details about this but I can tell you some thing is changing in the gulf BP related or not. They pumped this stuff into the gulf at on average 23,000 gallons a day.
That's the size of an average swimming pool. The Gulf of Mexico is 650 Quadrillion gallons (650,000,000,000,000,000). Let's say they pumped 23,000 gallons a day for 90 days. That's a total of 2,007,000 gallons. Divide that into 650 Quadrillion and you get 3.1846154e-12. It's such a small percentage compared to volume of water in the gulf that no matter how toxic it was it would have no long term effect.

There is no proof of it being toxic however and it did what it was supposed to do. It breaks up oil into tiny biodegradable droplets that sink below the surface to further disperse and biodegrade. It makes mother nature's job easier. It also quickly removes spilled oil from the surface drift lessing impact on wildlife such as birds, fish, and sea animals. It worked wonderfully and lessened the impact to wildlife, beaches, and marshes tremendously.

Major test programs at both Louisiana State University and the University of Miami clearly showed that COREXIT EC9580A can save mangroves and marsh grass if applied early after oiling. I remember after they capped the well and the media was having a fit wanting to know where all the oil is. It can't just have disappeared they all said. That's exactly what it did in short order because this stuff worked as intended.

The Gulf is fine and so are those who worked around it during the spill. It was inevitable that the lawsuits would start pouring in. Folks are going to be trying to blaim every ailment they have ever had on the oil spill.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts

Yeah it's changing. And it's because of jerkoffs like you who rape it (commercial fishing) for money. You and your clan do far more damage than BP or Corexit could ever do.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Yeah it's changing. And it's because of jerkoffs like you who rape it (commercial fishing) for money. You and your clan do far more damage than BP or Corexit could ever do.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

That gulf has been fine people have been making a living off of it since the turn of the century. All of a sudden boats are going belly up all over the gulf and fish are being put on emergency closures come on dude get your head out BPs butt and look around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Deepwater Horizon

That's the size of an average swimming pool. The Gulf of Mexico is 650 Quadrillion gallons (650,000,000,000,000,000). Let's say they pumped 23,000 gallons a day for 90 days. That's a total of 2,007,000 gallons. Divide that into 650 Quadrillion and you get 3.1846154e-12. It's such a small percentage compared to volume of water in the gulf that no matter how toxic it was it would have no long term effect.

There is no proof of it being toxic however and it did what it was supposed to do. It breaks up oil into tiny biodegradable droplets that sink below the surface to further disperse and biodegrade. It makes mother nature's job easier. It also quickly removes spilled oil from the surface drift lessing impact on wildlife such as birds, fish, and sea animals. It worked wonderfully and lessened the impact to wildlife, beaches, and marshes tremendously.

Major test programs at both Louisiana State University and the University of Miami clearly showed that COREXIT EC9580A can save mangroves and marsh grass if applied early after oiling. I remember after they capped the well and the media was having a fit wanting to know where all the oil is. It can't just have disappeared they all said. That's exactly what it did in short order because this stuff worked as intended.

The Gulf is fine and so are those who worked around it during the spill. It was inevitable that the lawsuits would start pouring in. Folks are going to be trying to blaim every ailment they have ever had on the oil spill.
SUCH BS - BP site quotes "147,0000 US Gallons to 252,0000 US Gallons per day" and I'm in the business. That oil is out there suspended in different temperature water layers.
Don't kid yourself.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Here's a shot from a oil platform in the approximate area of the oil spill that shows how the currents change direction/speed at different elevations and at different times during each day at the same elevation.

The readings are taken at 50' depth intervals, 10 minute time intervals.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42363

This washing machine action is Mother Gulf's natural healing mechanism designed to break up pollutants.

I'm no marine scientist, but my opinion is that we vastly underestimate the natural healing power at play in the Gulf.

Capt. Thomas J. Hilton

The forum constraints won't allow to post up the image large enough to read it very well, but if you go to the link provided, scroll down, you will see the currents data. At 2,798' for instance, the current is flowing at 227 degrees, then 10 minutes later it changes to 139 degrees, in addition to different directions 50' above/below each reading.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts