Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time poster here, but I've been following this forum since we started traveling to the gulf 3 years ago. The gulf is by far my favorite vacation spot, primarily due to the excellent fishing. I've yet to have a trip that I did not get a personal best fish. Last weekend was no exception. Despite not fishing for long, being short on bait, and poor weather, I still managed to get out and catch multiple species on multiple new lures. I also managed to catch my first shark over 3ft long, or what I consider a "real shark."

Had two big hook ups that both resulted in my leader being mangled and destroyed. On the first, the spider weight I was using somehow got completely bent and pulled halfway through the eye of the ladyfish head.

Shortly after, I got a solid hookup. Pretty excited about this fish, so I'm going to post too many pictures. He was caught on a chunk of the largest ladyfish I've ever seen. Gear used was my FN Lethal 100 and a Penn Prevail 12ft, with a castable leader from Double D Extreme. Waded out to the first bar and casted out from there. 15minute fight, fish was released very quickly and swam off strong. Very happy a lady walked by as I hooked up so I got these photos.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Pretty shark! Thanks for sharing.

I'll probably play with one tomorrow as well. Found some good troughs this afternoon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts