Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit west beach pass before daylight. Tourists were already walking across the street with beach junk-!

I had a jerk bait rigged started throwing between the sandbars. Picked up keeper flattie (my second on it) and half a dozen hard tails on it. Switched up to a clear Matrix Shad and picked up another flounder and a few more hard tails (got tired of them clipping the tail off). Then as the sun got bright, ended up the morning using a 1/4oz slim bucktail and grabbed the last two flounder and pomp.

All in - wound up with four flounder (2) keeper, my first pompano (undersized), at least 30 hard tails and a catfish. Had two good runs where was almost spooled till the hook pulled. Loads of fun. I like the fight and usually fish a Penn 2000 with 6-lb line.

Funny but went out yesterday evening with Etrade and we didn't get hardly a bite. But when that tide is incoming, the bite usually seems so much better.

Oh, got the **** knocked out of me by an electric ray and almost fell over in the surf (knee deep).

Attachments

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Want to say it was a nice sized pomp as I as working the tiny buck tail and can't put much pressure on the light line. My bud was out there using live finger mullet and didn't snag diddly. Found highly unusual that I'd kill him on artificials.

Btw, what color plastics for clear water?

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Still, a Pomp shouldn't come close to spooling you!

I use natural colors in clear water like pearl, black or green over white and dark colors like silver mullet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts