Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told myself last night that I was going to go out today and break a kayak wars record and I did it! I got out around 6am trolling the beach for cobia but the water is so dirty I thought I had no chance of seeing one or it seeing anything I was trolling with. So I went and trolled for kings and then I saw a fin come up out of the corner of my eye and I was like I know what that is so I threw a jig out in front of where the fin came up jigged it two times and this cobia nailed the daylights out of it so I set the hook as hard as Ican and as many times as I can. I fought the fish for a good 25 mins with boats stopping and taking pics of me fighting it. Finally I got her up and got the gaff in her and the hammer out. The fish is 52 1/2 inches long and weighs 38 pounds. I got the fish on ice and went back out and caught two kings within a hour.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That is a great fish. Wish I would have had better luck. I did not go back out my wife had a doctors appointment. I guess I missed the king bite. I thought that fish was going to break your rod at one point. Thanks for info. I obviously found the new link to PFF.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the measured pic postedon kayak wars that pic doesn't show up good here. My rod was doubled over the whole fight and I would like to thank Erineof Cavitt's custom rods. He built those rods for my customers and wow did it do its job!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
CONGRATS Brandon - I just ran into Ernie's shop to show him and he says Congrats as well! and then you went back out and caught 2 Kings - you're funny...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Way to get your limit of kings and cobes!!! You are the man, Brandon!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
NICE !! :hungry ... knew I should have went in the morning , we got beat to death in the afternoon , NW winds picked up HARD :doh

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Awsome job Brandon!

For everyones information get out there and hit em hard causethey are on the way. Multiple upon multiple wads spotted east of St. Andrews today. The pier missed out due to running out ofdaylight and the fish bieng on bottom. About 10hooked on elwives by king fisherman, only two seen on top and theypopped from the south about 30' from pier. Both were caught.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts