Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last month my bill was 291.00,,I was trip out'so call gulf power and they read my meter again..and it was wrong''1000'' kw off''had me down for 2400kw,when it was 1400,i believe thats wrong too''they said it happening all the time''so everybody check your meter'''':usaflag:poke

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Thanks for the heads up. Definitely start double checking the figures.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The way it works is if they overread or overestimate it this month, next months reading will be under so you're really not getting screwed but paying the same amount over a 2 month period.

·
Registered
869 Posts
what a coincidence.... Gulf Power overreading meters the last month of the year....

Think there's a chance they're padding the books for 2009??

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Dagwood (1/7/2010)The way it works is if they overread or overestimate it this month, next months reading will be under so you're really not getting screwed but paying the same amount over a 2 month period.
you are getting cheated if you don't catch it, which is what they are betting on i'm sure...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I feel your pain. I was stoked one month when I got a $46 bill! I had just moved into a new home and thought that I had gotten some really great windows, insulation, etc! Turns out the next month was well over $200 to make up the "incorrect meter read" the previous month.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Water Hazard (1/7/2010)
Dagwood (1/7/2010)The way it works is if they overread or overestimate it this month, next months reading will be under so you're really not getting screwed but paying the same amount over a 2 month period.
you are getting cheated if you don't catch it, which is what they are betting on i'm sure...
How could you be getting cheated when the meter cannot and doesn't get reset every time they read it. The next months bill will read the difference. Sometimes the readers will estimate a bill and catch up or loose on the next reading.:doh The only problem would be if someone runs short on a Month that it's really high. I'm not sticking up for the electric company just stating facts of life...

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
"Think there's a chance they're padding the books for 2009?? "

YEH !! I'LL BET THAT'S IT !! They are risking a bad audit report, their credit rating going to crap, prison for top employees and big finesby orderingmeter readersto misread meters. I'm sure that plan could never backfire. Nobody would talk or anything. In fact, I'll bet the meter readers sit in on all the strategy meetings and one of them came up with the plan.

Those guys read hundreds of meters a day and mistakes are bound to happen. Pure and simple. If a mistake is made, it's fixed next month.
I'm beginning to think you guys just like for Sandy at Gulf Power to come on here and smooth your feathers. There's a "Gulf Power is out to get me" thread pops up every week.
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_lblPostSignature>

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OVERREAD OR OVERESTTMATE;IT NOT FEAR TO TELL PEOPLE THEY ARE GOING TO TURN YOUR POWER OFF IF YOU DONT PAID'WHICH IT DID NOT HAPPEN TO ME,I PAID MY BILL EVERY MONTH ON TIME,HAVE NO DEPOSIT BECUASE IT WAS RETURN TO ME,I LIVE IN A 600 SQ FT HOUSE ALONE/WASHER,DRYER,EAT AT DENNY'S,WORK FOUR DAYS A WEEK,MY POWER WAS NEVER BEEN OVER 119.00 IS HIGH ALL SO,NOW SAYING THAT IT IS 190.00 IS ALSO HOG WASH..MY BILL FOR SEPT WAS105.00(788KWH) 27DAYS OCT'WAS 89.00(676WH)25DAYS N0V291.00(24440KWH)REREADNOW SAYING ITS ONLY(1440KWH)190.00i STILL THINK THEY ARE WRONG:hoppingmad:nonono''''OVERREAD'OVERESTTIMATE''LOL'''

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why don't you just step outside and read the meter yourself then you'll know your usage and if the meter was read incorrectly or not.

You should have checked this before you called Gulf Power so you could have given them the correct numbers for the rebill.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was a meter reader for Gulf for 6 years and it's easy to make a mistake. Each meter reader reads 400-500 meters per day. Back when I was doing it, our accuaracy rate had to be 99.94% or better. That's roughly 1 error out of every 2000meters read. Most of the time when a meter is misread it is 1000kw over or under. Give the guys a break, they're trying to earn a paycheck just like the rest of us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts