Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power bill averages about $170/month for the year I have lived here. The previous owners, who had two more people living here than I have, said their bill was NEVER over $180/month. My current bill, which covers My 15th through June 16th is over $400!! They claim my power usage jumped from about 1,800 KWH to nearly 2,900 KHH. Even though there are 4 more service days in this bill than last month, last month's bill comes out to about $65/day, and adding the four extra days should only raise my bill to about $215.

I have heard there are a lot of people here n Crestview complaining about Gulf Power's "new" Billing System that went online in May. Anyone else having these issues?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Mine has been the exact opposite, previous two bills were $185 and $171 and then the most recent bill was $109! Now you got me scared at what my next bill might be like!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,919 Posts
Good God, be glad you don't have Escambia River Electric Co-op. I don't give a rats ass if you shut everything off for the month, you'll still get billed for it. Still having $400+ power bill, Their excuse is, and I quote, "This is about the same as you paid this time last year". "Hey stupid, this is This year, Not last year", and I had 80% of the power off for over 8 months. I got a 40+ bill once, and they called me and said, Quote from EREC to this, " There must be something wrong with your meter, so We're going to take the average of the last 3 months of your bill and that will be your bill for this month". I said I had everything off except the fridge and 1 icebox as I was out of town. Still had to pay their "average" bill.
They have in-house meter reading, so no more physical house meter readers. So they can say and charge whatever they want. If they need more money for raises, over-charge a few extra dollars on everyone's power bill to pay it. Who's to know or to be the wiser. Same with the water companies. You're bill goes up, and you're not using that amount of water for the bill amount. They say well you must have a drip or toilet is running. Maybe, but BS here. Neighbor next door, family of 4, their monthly bill $11.xx, down from 19-21.00 monthly. I was being billed for their usage for 3 months, and they were getting billed mine. It stopped when I complained and told them I'd contact ch. 3 and ch. 10 news to investigate it. I had to do the same threat to EREC, I also installed a surveillance camera to record the meter usage daily on a hard drive. Power bill went down afterward.
So stand your ground with the cheesy thief's. g/l

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
My power bill averages about $170/month for the year I have lived here. The previous owners, who had two more people living here than I have, said their bill was NEVER over $180/month. My current bill, which covers My 15th through June 16th is over $400!! They claim my power usage jumped from about 1,800 KWH to nearly 2,900 KHH. Even though there are 4 more service days in this bill than last month, last month's bill comes out to about $65/day, and adding the four extra days should only raise my bill to about $215.

I have heard there are a lot of people here n Crestview complaining about Gulf Power's "new" Billing System that went online in May. Anyone else having these issues?
Heck of a jump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Same here ED,, previous 2 months were in the high 180-195 area then last month 389.00...didnt do anythuing different her either. SCAM

·
Registered
212 Posts
Apparently they also changed account numbers and say they didn't receive Aprils payment. I have confirmation from the bank that they did!!

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,860 Posts
By any chance did a outside light get "fixed" and is now shining at night when it never was working before?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By any chance did a outside light get "fixed" and is now shining at night when it never was working before?
Again, even if ALL the outside lights were on 24/7, I can't imagine it would double the Bill. Most of the lights here are LED's anyways.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Same here, but as mentioned, there was a significant fuel credit applied last month. Look at your increase in kw/h - mine was a 18% increase from last month to this month; not that unusual given the increase in temps from May to June....at least at my place. Now if you're saying your kw/h doubled, then ya, I wouldn't buy that provided you didn't leave your doors and windows open and run a yard full of skill saws all day for an entire month just for the fun of it. ;-)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here, but as mentioned, there was a significant fuel credit applied last month. Look at your increase in kw/h - mine was a 18% increase from last month to this month; not that unusual given the increase in temps from May to June....at least at my place. Now if you're saying your kw/h doubled, then ya, I wouldn't buy that provided you didn't leave your doors and windows open and run a yard full of skill saws all day for an entire month just for the fun of it. ;-)
Last month, 1,888 kWh (29 days), this month 2,857 kWh (33 days). Even if I take last months bills $170.00, and divide it by 29 Billing Days, it comes out to $65/day. For this month, it would mean my Bill should be $215.00, not $400 plus.

·
Super Moderator
5,898 Posts
Go to their office with your bill. Request a copy of the SCADA for that period. Get the hourly statement. Look at the totals and compare the raw data to your billed amount. Do it right there in front of them.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Gulf Power accounts credited 40% due to their lower fuel costs is what customer service told me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Last month, 1,888 kWh (29 days), this month 2,857 kWh (33 days). Even if I take last months bills $170.00, and divide it by 29 Billing Days, it comes out to $65/day. For this month, it would mean my Bill should be $215.00, not $400 plus.
You doing all the math right? 170 divided by 29 is only 5.86 per day.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,860 Posts
Again, even if ALL the outside lights were on 24/7, I can't imagine it would double the Bill. Most of the lights here are LED's anyways.
I'm talking about what looks like a streetlight type light on the edge of property. A sodium vapor type light.
Knew a guy who kept complaining about his power bill. CHELCO assured him it wasn't hooked up to his house.

His son took it out with a BB gun, his bill dropped $120 (this was in the early 90s) till CHELCO came out to replace bulb.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts