Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Whatever, the kid makes great stuff, I don't care what some legend makes, if you're a good enough fisherman you can throw a shiny piece of metal at a redfish and he'll eat it if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
You are correct a redfish will eat a shiny piece of metal..Its calleda Spoon...and if you get them to eat everytime you must be some kind of legend

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Didnt mean to start a pissing match but yes I do beleive the jigs GB has will out fish them. Its about consistancy. Sure some of connors jigs are fancy looking but I like throwing what a pompano wants to eat. Me anda tackle shop employhad a talk about whythat storedoesnt carry connor jigs one day and it made sense

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
Freespool (2/9/2010)Didnt mean to start a pissing match but yes I do beleive the jigs GB has will out fish them. Its about consistancy. Sure some of connors jigs are fancy looking but I like throwing what a pompano wants to eat. Me and Victor had a talk about why he doesnt carry connor jigs one day and it made sense
What was his excuse?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dylan (2/9/2010)You are correct a redfish will eat a shiny piece of metal..Its calleda Spoon...and if you get them to eat everytime you must be some kind of legend

Did I say I get them to eat every time? Y'all need to chill out and quit getting butthurt by all the bs on here. I know what a freakin' spoon is, I was just saying you can throw something shiny or something that smells, it doesn't have to look perfect and cost a ridiculous amount of money. People spend too much money on tackle as it is (at least I do, or used to). I was just saying, give the kid a break, he does something, he's good at it, and I'm sure when he's 70 he'll be as good or better than anyone out there.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
let's be real here, we're talking about a piece of lead with some pink hair on it! damn!

i'f you're good, you can catch them on anything!

and travis, we're friends and everything, but dont feed me that shit about a coondog or DS jig.... have you seen what derrick wahl throws? he kills more pompano than anyone you or i know!

i mean damn son!:banghead

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
John B. (2/9/2010)let's be real here, we're talking about a piece of lead with some pink hair on it! damn!

and travis, we're friends and everything, but dont feed me that shit about a coondog or DS jig.... have you seen what derrick wahl throws? he kills more pompano than anyone you or i know!

It doesnt have to be a coondig or DS jig, I tie my own and they catch fish just as good im just saying that style is alot better IMO

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
John B. (2/9/2010)let's be real here, we're talking about a piece of lead with some pink hair on it! damn!

damn Bonachic! More than Me?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
This is Unreal. I don't see a need for such as this.

I think CoonDog Jigs are Great "Fish Catching" Jigs and probably the best example of a traditional pompano jig as I have ever seen, as Well as Danny Smith Jigsare a Great Product too. Both are very very well produced and have caught their share of Pompano as well as other species. I can't find anything bad to say about either one of them. I won't share my thought's of Connor's product.

There is one thing for certain, that would be GBB&T doesn't needany morebad publicity, as no businessdoes.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts