Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
fisheye48 (2/5/2010)
Speckulator (2/5/2010)
alanbarck (2/5/2010)Is that "robbed" as in at gun-point or by a break-in?

:blownaway

Does it matter?:banghead

George
well smashing a window in is better than point a gun in somebodies face and taking the goods...neither one is good but...you get the point
It will matter to the Judge if the person(s) is caught....

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I do not know any more details other than what I posted, which is copy/pasted(facebook"new" gbbt page)from what Victor said earlier...He did say they havecctv so I would guess it was a "break-in" as the fdle was looking though it earlier...plus armed robbery woud be on the news.....I just posted this for Victor who is a friend of mine.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Speckulator (2/5/2010)
alanbarck (2/5/2010)Is that "robbed" as in at gun-point or by a break-in?

:blownaway

Does it matter?:banghead

George
The reason I asked is because he said "robbed" whichtypicallyimplies held-up, accousted or threatend.Plus I know that they are open 24/7 andcouldn't imagine anybody just breaking in and taking shit while someone was there.:grouphug

Sounds like whoever it was knew what they were after..:blownaway

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
L.Crooke (2/5/2010)does anyone know the profile of the person or people that did it? white black tall short??
One was a black guy that istall and short and the other was a white guy that is short and tall.:letsdrink

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Garbo (2/5/2010)I haven't been inside Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle in many years, But, Aren't they open 24 hours?

No accusation here, but, it is amazing how often business theft is internal and done by employees. Overall, I would be willing to bet that of all business theft, found or not found, the majority or more than 50% is done by employees of the business.
X2 I thought they never close, was it on some kind of holiday?None the less I will keep an eye and ear out for cheap Costa's and reels.Jerk off's.

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
They just installed cctv last year because of this crap. I guess now it's time to put bars on the windows & doors. Get a bulldog that likes to chew on his own nuts to watch the place.

Cowards, all of them. People work hard for what they got. If it ain't yours it ain't yours!

Eyes peeled!

·
Registered
257 Posts
unfortunately if they do get caught crime pays in this country theyll get probation or some shit. if they do get time your tax dollars will pay for their cable tv!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
SaltAddict (2/5/2010)They just installed cctv last year because of this crap. I guess now it's time to put bars on the windows & doors. Get a bulldog that likes to chew on his own nuts to watch the place.

Cowards, all of them. People work hard for what they got. If it ain't yours it ain't yours!

Eyes peeled!

That some funny stuff right there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I work at a tackle store in Tampa that was the victim of B&E about 1 1/2 years ago. We were the first store in the area, followed by several other tackle stores being burglarized in a 6 month period. Subjects always targeted the high end reels & Costa glasses. The night/morning we were hit (alarm went off at 6:04 AM), about 2 hours prior, an attempt was made to break in another store in the area but he had impact resistant glass and good internal locks on the doors. 2 hours after his surveillance system filmed the subjects, our alarm went off. We have bars on the windows and doors, an accordion gate across the front door which was locked with case hardened chain and padlocks, and 2 deadbolts on the door. they cut the welded angle piece that the padlock went thru to close the accordion gate, the eye-bolts that held the center chain and padlock on the accordion gate, pried the doors open, and were gone out the back door within 3.5 minutes.

What I'm saying is these guys are professional or at least know what they are going. None of the stuff from our store or any of the other 4 stores in the area was ever recovered and no one was caught. I'd alert all the other tackle stores in the area to be extra vigilant and take extra precautions.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
SuperSpook (2/5/2010)plus armed robbery woud be on the news.
Not True. There are several armed robberies both of individuals and business' each day that do not make the news. If the public knew what goes on each night in this area you would be shocked. The news only airs 10% of what actually happens in this area.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Water Hazard (2/5/2010)
SuperSpook (2/5/2010)plus armed robbery woud be on the news.

Not True. There are several armed robberies both of individuals and business' each day that do not make the news. If the public knew what goes on each night in this area you would be shocked. The news only airs 10% of what actually happens in this area.

Truer words were never spoken. I sure was.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Water Hazard (2/5/2010)

That's true as I have been robbed at gunpoint and did not make the news, course Im not an established well know business in Gulf Breeze either. But I never knew tons of business' were robbed at gunpoint daily....there should be a great marketfor cctv in this area. Though I doubt there is much that would shock me andI am sure plenty of crime doesn't make the news, they have to trim it down to fit in all the major stories like county commissioner debaclesor other local political bs.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
A whole lot of expletives entered my mind when I read this...I hope they catch these sorry pieces of shit..Vic and guys I am sorry and will keep my eyes out..Low life pieces of crap:Flipbird

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
MAXWELL (2/5/2010)Could be current employee, but it also is also just as likely to be a former/disgruntled employee also.
A certain ex mullet wearer that hangs at the Shaker? :poke...They caught the people last time I expect they will get them again..I wouldnt walk into Hot Spots or GBBT if I was them unless you wanted to get pumped full of led..They are lucky they arnt open 24 or would of had to deal with Big Mike

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
Garbo (2/5/2010)I haven't been inside Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle in many years, But, Aren't they open 24 hours?

No accusation here, but, it is amazing how often business theft is internal and done by employees. Overall, I would be willing to bet that of all business theft, found or not found, the majority or more than 50% is done by employees of the business.
Why havent you been inside GBBT in years, dont they sell Connors Jigs, thought all the shops carried them.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Splittine (2/5/2010)

Why havent you been inside GBBT in years, dont they sell Connors Jigs, thought all the shops carried them.
Nope. GBBT has never carried them and GBBT andDizzy Lizzy'sarethe only local shops that do notcarry them currently.

I doubt GBBT ever will.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
WW2 (2/5/2010)
SaltAddict (2/5/2010)They just installed cctv last year because of this crap. I guess now it's time to put bars on the windows & doors. Get a bulldog that likes to chew on his own nuts to watch the place.

Eyes peeled!
That some funny stuff right there.
I would agree to get a bulldog that likes to chew on his own nuts. They gotta be much tougher and meaner than bulldogs that onlychew rawhides.:letsdrink

21 - 40 of 71 Posts