Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
To be honest I thought people got the sidewalk work and the new bridge on Bauer confused with 4 lane work. I do not think we truley have enough traffic to warrant two additional lanes. I have not seen the FDOT doing any kind of traffic counting/ surveys. BUT! I have been wrong before and most likey I am wrong now.

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
When/if it happens, I hope it is in conjuction with an upgraded Theo Baars Bridge. If it drops back to 2 lane at the intersection of Sorrento/Old Gulf Beach/Innerarity Point it will suck even worse in the summer.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The plan as I read it is to four lane Perdido Key Drive from the AL state line, Sorrento (or whatevwer its called now) to Blue Angle and Blue Angle to Pine Forest. The Oyster Bar Bridge is included. The whole thing is a State Project. Planning and what not have been underway. The County is going to vote pretty quick on the Perdido Key master plan. I haven't seen anything on four laneing Bauer or Gulf Beach Hwy, just sidewalks which I'll take all day long. It would be nice to put an 5 foot shoulder on Bauer so people dont confuse the 5inch white line with a bike path.....Someone is going to get killed there!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
how are they gonna widen GB HY from the bend at Gulf beach grocery to the light? that is narrow through there as it is. Sure it would be nice but around the Sea Glades and Grand Lagoon area all the way to Winn Dixie it is just 2 lanes with no turn lanes. Would they buy part of the peoples lawns? How does that work? I grew up in Sea Glades and we always wanted it 4 lanes but kinda thought it would never happen because it was narrow.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
That graph says GB hwy from Blue Angle to Fairfield. I dont think they mean the BGH thru Pleasant Grove (292A). I think its hwy 292 from Target to Fairfield. The next box says from Fairfield to Navy Blvd, which all makes sense.
So if it all happened in our lifetime it would be 4 lane from the AL boarder over the ICWW bridge Sorrento to GBH to Navy Blvd.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
The plan as I read it is to four lane Perdido Key Drive from the AL state line, Sorrento (or whatevwer its called now) to Blue Angle and Blue Angle to Pine Forest. The Oyster Bar Bridge is included. The whole thing is a State Project. Planning and what not have been underway. The County is going to vote pretty quick on the Perdido Key master plan. I haven't seen anything on four laneing Bauer or Gulf Beach Hwy, just sidewalks which I'll take all day long. It would be nice to put an 5 foot shoulder on Bauer so people dont confuse the 5inch white line with a bike path.....Someone is going to get killed there!
this^^

I have the plans in my office from Theo Baars east to Blue Angel...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ive been wanting gulf beach hwy from blue angel hwy to navy widened for years. Got excited when they started clearing the sides years ago but the only put in a middle turning median which did help somewhat

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
this^^

I have the plans in my office from Theo Baars east to Blue Angel...
What about the "the whole thing is a state project" part?
Last I heard the stat told the county it was not needed and it would have to be built with local dollars and begged for fed dollars.
$100+ million worth.
County set up a TIF on PK and since it needs new construction to generate any funds...........................none have been generated so far.

·
Brandon H
191 Posts
they will make it happen so they can turn it into an OB extension and start cashing in on trourist money, which sucks, the whole reason we got our place at lost key was to be close to the pass and away from the idoits and crowds:whistling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts