Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.

Best buddy just bought himself a 22ft Pioneer w/ Yammy 300. I haven’t been out on the water or owned a boat in almost a decade. This is his first boat.

Made an attempt the other day to do some fishing but ended up only having to replace the hub I spun in the shallows and not catching squat after going about 8 miles out to some public spots I found on the Garmin.

I think we could use the services of a guide to help familiarize us in some foundations and basics so we can set out fishing without feeling so clueless.

Anyone know of where to find one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Learn the waters first. Wait untill summer for the fish. This time of the year there's not much to catch. Fish the bay for sheephead or white troute thats about all thats open. Jetties and 3 mile bridge are good place to start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I guess you have a point. It was just frustrating. On the way in, we ran into another guy in a similar boat coming in from 7 miles out, and he said he was hitting the AJ’s hard out there and yet we had ZERO success lol.

Between trying to learn the functions of the electronics and just general seamanship, we got a little discouraged.

Maybe it was the fact my buddy brought bananas on he Boat. I did however lash him and threw them overboard hah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts