Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either would work. Wherever the bite is better would be my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Trying to predict the fishing in July now is sketchy at best. Send me a PM a few days out from your visit and I'll try to meet up with you down here. Check out these guys. They have the scoop on inshore fishing around Ft. Morgan and the rest of the bay.
www.mbkfa.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guide? I'm in the market for a kayak so I might have one by then. Maybe we can go after some fish come July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am not a guide, if I were I'd starve to death in short order. I'm just a guy who likes to fish out of a plastic boat. There are a couple of guides that post here and are very good at what they do.
Regardless, send me a PM a couple of days out from your visit if you have a kayak by then, maybe we can get together and I can put us both on some fish.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also catch up with Chris at Sams in Orange Beach. He's been known to guide some. Not to mention he's a wealth of info- just stop in one afternoon (Wed-Sun PM) and bend his ear.

If you haven't found a kayak by then, there is a couple places that rent them in the Gulf Shores area.
Great idea to check in with Chris, I didn't think about that. I don't know of any places in Gulf Shores that rent kayaks but I'm sure there are. I do know that Fairhope Boat Company rents kayaks.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Great idea to check in with Chris, I didn't think about that. I don't know of any places in Gulf Shores that rent kayaks but I'm sure there are. I do know that Fairhope Boat Company rents kayaks.
There are a couple listings in the phone book (what's that??) and I know there is a kayak rental place that is open all season behind the old seafood shop in gulf shores- I think its Go Go Kayak (921 Gulf Shores Pkwy, (251) 752-5500, gogokayaks.com). Try them. The Down Under dive shop rents kayaks too, but last time I checked, they only allowed you to take them out in the lagoon behind the store.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've dealt with Go Go Kayak a few times with family that has wanted to paddle. They have two locations, the one on Gulf Shores Pkwy listed above and a building on the south side of Ft. Morgan Road that they make deliveries to rental properties out of (they will deliver and pick up from your vacation rental in the Ft. Morgan area). They stock basic fishing kayaks with a couple of rod holders, but they get booked fast. I would call early to make a reservation if you decide to go this route so you don't get stuck with something you won't be happy with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts