Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the itch to go one last time this year. Westarted out at 5am, but fog was too heavy to run in. Waited around until 6:30 and when the fog lifted we headed south to the edge. Seas were 2-4 out of the southeast butnot a bad run. At that time we did see another boat also heading to the edge, but lost it somewhere on the way. It was a little hard to get on the spot, seas were building 3-5 with a 6 footer now and then. Oh well, that's Pensacola weather forecasting at its best. First drop, Steven hooked up, then Tim hooked up. Where ismine, as my pole is just about jerked out of my hand? Steven brings up a 10# or so snapper. Tim got a snapper also. After a 30 second fight to get mine off the bottom she's on her way up, somethings wrong, it feels like a grouper, not a snapper, no it couldnt be. Just about to the boat now and it is a grouper, but the man in the gray suit said he was hungry also: banghead, so he ate it 10 feet from the boat in front of me.I'm pissed now. Tim's down now, and in a battle of his own. No way he's going to get this fish to the boat, but 5 minutes later the largest snapper that had been caught on this boat comes over the side 42#:hoppingmad on the boat scale. Took a picture of her and back in she went. From then on we could not get a fish to the boat whole:banghead. As I was coming up with mynext drop,fish on,somehow the shark attemped to steal my fish andit got hooked in the side of the mouth. When we got it to the boat, a rope was tied to its head to keep it from eating any more of our fish:nononoThe blackfins were now in our chunks and Tim and Steven were having a ball. As for me, it was down to the bottom for another grouper. Our trip back to Sherman at 2:00 was made with falling seas. Our last trip of the year! RECESS (Picture of the snapper is now posted below)

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Nice report. Would love to see the Snapper picture. Good way to end the year , eh ????

Scott

·
Banned
464 Posts
Grouper Head soup!! You can just smell it now!!!

Great Report!!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Damn, that snapper must be something to see, but I would like to see the rest of that grouper. That thing was a stud. Great report and a great way to end the year.:clap

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wharf Rat (12/31/2007)damn nice snapper. did she swim off or float off? Just wondrin' so I can try and get at her one day!![/quote)She was vented,stayed on top for amoment then swim down slowly.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Nice Snapper. I think they have a calendar down there. You never seem to catch those during snapper season. Now would that be considered 1 fish or 2 ?????

Scott

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Man what a trip.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts