Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Scamps legal or not at the Edge right now. The way a read regs, I assumed they were not legal. But, others tell me they are legal now?? I also assume snowys and yellowedge are legal. Thanks for any clarification.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are not legal right now because they are considered a shallow water grouper along with red grouper and gags. I believe they open up on the 1st of April, someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Dreamweaver, that should put that to rest.

I wonder why the Alabama calendar with regs does not show them as being closed but after double checking outdooralabama.com they have corrected it and it now does. they need to get their crap together

·
Registered
84 Posts
Gentlemen & Ladies,

Per the FWC booklet Fishing Regulations, Saltwater Edition & their website http://myfwc.com/docs/RulesRegulations/2010_Jan_RegsSummary_Chart.pdf

page 10, yellow highlighted section:

The following species are closed in the GOM (1 Feb. thru 31 Mar.)

Gag

Black

Red

Yellowfin

Yellowmouth

Scamp

Red Hind

Rock Hind

and "All other Groupers" except Snowy, Warsaw & Speckled Hind.

Just thought you would like to know!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like they have done a little more clarification. Any info on rumor to change Red Grouper to 18"??

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
DreamWeaver21 (3/9/2010)Scamp is closed. So is yellowedge and yellow mouth. Snowys are open until Recess catches them all :)

Yellowedge are open yellowfin and yellowmouth are not , we will stop catching snowys very soon. We just adapt to the seasons and regulations .Next month scamp ,gags and cobia mmmmmm sounds so good .

TIM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts