Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, no picture, but my friend and I were fishing on the Bob Sikes bridge all the way at the end on New Years Eve and he pulled in about a 13 inch grouper. Fish went back, but it was fun to see something we hadn't seen all summer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
bladeco (1/10/2008)NO GROUPER IN THE BAY?!?! Then I guess I am catching something else over under the carrier pier on NAS Pensacola. we catch em all the time there.

17 Ft Cape Horn

115 hp saltwater series yamaha
I agree. I've seen people people catch big ones there too. Speaking of NAS, has anyone caught anything worth talking about over the past month? Seem like the bait fish and everything else ran off after the red tide hit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My brother in law was in Destin two summers ago in late June and caught two legal sized gags or blacks [he can't tell the difference!] while trolling with a large Shad Rap in the bay, in the Bay Cones area. I was down there last September and all I could find where the Bay cones were supposed to be was one small hump off the bottom. Is that all there is? I also caught a few small blacks around the CG jetty and the Destin bridge.

Dave

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I cannot believe the incredible ignorance of you people on this forum! Everybody knows there are no grouper in the bay, no snapper in the gulf, and certainly no trigger on the rigs. Furthermore, all those silly little reefs are hurting the whale migration and we should def. get some regs on the white trout as they are in short supply. Don't you care about our environment? I say we limit fishing to one week per year...kind of like what we do with doe days in Florida. We see the success of that program. It could work for the fish...too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as a technic, well here's a couple. Live bait, heavy leader (at least 60LB), lock your drag and don't give them an inch.

·
Registered
260 Posts
what's up. you still working at hope. hows biz? ithas slowed down alot for me. HEY NICE GROUPER

you pick them up off structure or were you just trolling around?

Hey good to see you

Jeff McGill

Is that you're boat?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ahhhh no speaka no english...... Kiddin with ya.

Yup, caught off structure with full cigs. And yes, Still at Hope. Business is not bad but could be better.

·
Registered
782 Posts
all summer i caught jr. gags from fair point to deer point. i bet we caught almost 20 in one day last year. everybody i have been talking to that has been brave enough to get wet and cold are catching the bigger guyson the pickens side.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts