Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, what have you found to be the best water depth and max depth that yall have caught gags, scamp, and red grouper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
yep:thumbsup:
at the edge, around the nipple and 131 have plenty of grouper.

jack

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! im posting a picture of the google view of the edge etc.
can someone explain to me which circle(color) is the nipple. I think its the yellow one. Also can you see the area that is referred to as 131 hole?

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
The nipple area is past the edge but dropping live bait on any of those areas you circle would produce some grouper.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
try some whole frozen squid, too.

jack

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've been trying to figure it out too, all we keep catching are snappers. We did manage one grouper but it was out of season and had to release it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty solid information above. But focusing on a smaller piece of bottom and trying to keep the baits there is the best bet for grouper once we get in the sand near the structure we pick up snappers. We fish between the gulf and east coast of FL. Depending on the current don't be scared to add to the leader.We have been using the CMOR card for our gulf trips and has helped us out of towners put fish in the boat.

https://www.cmormapping.com/order/eastern-gom

IMG_1026.PNG

IMG_1025.PNG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts