Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow anglers, I'm new to the forum and I?ve been checking it out for awhile now, and it seems to be a pretty good source of information for some good down to earth fishing. First off let me introduce myself. Mike or surfer boi is my name, (sorry don't surf just love to be in it with a line and a hook at the end of it). I have been living in Navarre for three years and fishing in it for two. Came from Washington state, and a native from the island of Guam in the south pacific. So, I took back to my roots. That?s enough about me. Now I must say Florida fishing has impressed me immensely. My favorite fishing is in the surf. I started fishing in the bay near the Navarre Bridge, more or less. My question to the forum is where are the good fishing holes? What dangers should I look for? The do's and don?ts of the area? I know every area has one or more then one. What should I be useing,what shouldn?t I be doing? (I know I been doing something right, otherwise I wouldn?t have caught such beauties, since I've been here). Is there special events going on, if there is when, where, and can the family come along. Finally I have an 8 year old daughter who loves to take after her daddy, is there special activities and events for her age group? I'm sure all will be answered in due time. Meanwhile, thank you for the forum, and let?s go fishing!!!!!:usaflag:clap:bowdown

·
eating tasty
3,669 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you are doing something right if you are catching good fish... don't know of any secret "honey holes" to speak of, but the surf is always a good spot, look for drop offs at the sand bars and cast there. As far as get togethers, there are a ton of great people here, look under "forum bashes and get togethers" and you will meet a lot of great people from here and some new fishing buddies. Look under the "need a crew, need a ride" section as well, sometimes people need a crew to filltheir boat for some offshore fishing, I know I will I'm planning an edge/nipple trip as soon as the weather lays down and will need about 4 people, so check there maybe next week:) welcome and good luck

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Welcome Aboard!! There are alot of Good people on here that will help you out, Don't know if you have stopped by the shop already are not but I will help you out as much as I can Stop by HHT in Navarre, Also go to the Fish fry today at the Oval Office Lots of people will be there!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
welcome. there is tons of stuff to do with your family in this area! our club the PRFA put on a kids fishing climic and a flamily fishing rodeo every year!

lots of others do too! we try to get families and kids involed in fishing! thier are hook line and sinker seminars on different types of fishing. they are free and open to everyone! lot of good info there! next one is in nov. you will see the post by joe z.

outcast's spring sale has free seminars too always a great time at that! great people hugh sale and food!

florida sportsman has a big one in fort walton in feb. or march. lots of info there!

and you now have the pff ! you can get more than you want here. just ask !

if you want to meet some of us today. we are having a big fish fry at the oval office. milton fl. on avlon blvd. just north of I-10 . can't miss us ! the fish will start coming out of the grease at 2pm. your whole family is welcome to come! enjoy and welcome to the fishing capital of the world the panhandle of fl.!

fry on!

scot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts