Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
saw it on news tonight, was one that was in jaws movie I believe. One of men in boat said they were going to need a bigger boat, thank god it got off after 3 hours and set them free.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I hope it stays down there, it is to big for my boat.

Kevin

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
Very cool but I'm going to be "that guy" and say 18ft is a little bit of an overestimate

Either way, this is why I get creeped out jumping in offshore

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Very cool but I'm going to be "that guy" and say 18ft is a little bit of an overestimate

Either way, this is why I get creeped out jumping in offshore
I'll agree with you on this one. I don't think they saw the shark again after he saw the boat either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not even sure if that was a white shark? I have seen huge makos and it could have been a very large mako. That little video clip is hardly definitive and to say 'caught' is not accurate. No one grabbed the leader and they never saw it again.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Not even sure if that was a white shark? I have seen huge makos and it could have been a very large mako. That little video clip is hardly definitive and to say 'caught' is not accurate. No one grabbed the leader and they never saw it again.
The article i read said they did do a leader grab and cut the wire to release it after a four hour fight. It said that several times during the fight it came alongside the boat.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Forum Runner

·
Registered
628 Posts
Doesn't surprise me at all to see one. I grew up down there and sen many sharks. down by Fort De Soto park, you would catch tons of baby hammerheads during certain parts of the year. same way with blue fish would run for some many weeks. We fished from Naples to Tarpon Springs all over. Johns Pass has one hell of a current there. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts