Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, I had a regular kayak client of mine book a boat trip with me with his two boys and a family friend and his boy and girl.

Sean has fished with me several times on the kayak landing some nice fish including some nice dolphin. His boys, who are excellent little fisherman have as well, even landing a small sail last year!

The goal for the day was to keep the kids busy fighting fish. Needless to say the big snapper didn't disappoint with several nice fish landed throughout the day. We also ended up putting nine trigger in the box with a few being of very respectable size.

Nothing better than watching the next generation of fisherman with bent poles and tight lines all day! Looking forward to fishing with them again this summer!

I have yet to officially launch my website and business but you can check it out here but please be aware it's still a work in progress!

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com

Attachments

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job on the snappas! That rod with the Staal looks like it's waiting on something.:whistling:
Hey you never know! I'm also planning on carrying a 50w with a shark rig at all times this spring. Last year I came up on a mako two different times but had nothing to throw at them!

Interesting story about the cobia jig though....

While over a reef a fish swam up chasing a snapper. I grabbed the cobia rod but as it got higher I knew it wasn't a cobia. Then I thought it was an AJ but as it got even closer I released it wasn't that either. It had the body shape of a BIG bluefish but was a light tan/sandy color with pale yellow fins. I honestly had.no idea what it was. It hung around the boat several minutes even darting out from under the boat chasing snapper that were way too big for it to eat. It would fire up on the.jig but not eat. It's rare that I see a fish that I have no idea what it was!

·
Super Moderator
28,379 Posts
Making them clients happy is a great thing brother!!! Glad you still got the touch! Hope them snaps will still be there when it opens!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Making them clients happy is a great thing brother!!! Glad you still got the touch! Hope them snaps will still be there when it opens!
For the quality snapper I fish private fishing spots. I have probably close to 3 dozen now from Navarre to Pensacola Pass in state waters. Even on these catch and release trips I don't like to hang on one spot long. We will catch a few and move on.

They will be here and ready come snapper season!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts