Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was out working on my shooting house when about 45 minutes before dark,I decided to make the long hike:hotsun(bout 150 yards) to my food plot to see what was going on...I was in the stand about 5 minutes when the 1st deer went across the lane into the woods. About a minute later a smaller deer followed her footsteps. They then came out and another smaller un came out with the 1st 2 deer I saw. It was a nice 85-90 lb doe and her twin:babyies. The 2 :baby played a bit which I've seen several times but a twist that I've only seen on TV happened. The 2 started running around slinging their heads up and down almost hitting the ground. They bounced around making a pro-gymnist jealous. They also head butted each other several times.They then started standing on their back legs and started boxing each other many times:letsdrink I was really enjoying the show when another smaller deer came out. This :baby was a different color and a little bigger (possibly an orphan). Well all 3:baby started playing in the same fashion. No wonder my food plots look like hawgs have been in it:doh:letsdrink I loved watching the show but I was in flip flops and a short sleeve shirt so I was getting a weeee bit cold and got down, they'd probably kept it up fer a while longer.Tomorrow I plan on going out there w/ a :takephoto but w/ my luck they'll be a no-show:banghead

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Dang, that is really cool. I have seen way too many frolicking and just down right making a full on party. It will really piss you off when you have a rifle in your hands. That is until you see this following them.

Not a shooter for me right now, but an awesome pic. I have seen both of these a few times. Wanna bet on who win's?

That fork has pushed a dozen does by me, never seen the 8 pushing anything. Just cruising by most of the time. Yup the fork won. Check the times, and trust me I am not showing them to you out of order, who would have thought it. The cam is off by an hour, generally dark as crap by 5:30 up here.

That is still my favorite pic. God I love trail cams.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I love to watch deer period. I learn something from about everyone I watch.For me if I just see them while hunting I consider the hunt a success. I'm trying to pass this attitude along to my son but we've not seen any deer yet.:banghead Hopefully that will change in a couple of weeks.

Great pictures Michael. I was reading in another thread and it made perfect sense that a spike poses a real threat to larger antlered bucks.Their horns won't lock or engage the other bucks antlers but rather cuts through the spread. This allows the spike to poke an eye or worse while sparring and fighting so the bigger bucks will generally yield to them to avoid serious injury. Not taking credit for this tidbit but I found it very interesting.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Wow! Thats a shame about that deer runing around with that broad head grinding around in that shoulder. Looks like a knot has formed under his neck. Hopefully you will be able to give him some relief in the form of a bullet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts