Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is on spring break this week so we spent a few days at the beach, we both love Grayton so thats where we went, although I am sure the fishing could of been better west towards Navarre or Pcola. On Sat. weather was beautiful and we caught half a dozen catfish and went 1 for 2 on Spanish. Was able to gotcha a few Spanish didnt actually land one, but got one to my side and it was barely hooked so it pulled, but close enough. Found enough fleas to fish with deep on the drop off. Was using fresh peeled shrimp, fresh and frozen fleas. Fished from 1130 - 1700 on the outgoing tide.
Sunday were the same conditons, no spanish, fewer cats, and one nice bull red, didnt have a tape, but he was probably 38-40" I would guess, very healthy fish. My biggest to date. He ate fresh peeled shrimp on a hook with a light orange bead above it.

Watched this boat catch, fight, and land a cobia in front of us, that was pretty cool, they were right on the second bar.

This time I found the fleas in the sand waves just ahead of the washouts.

Took a break on Monday due to sunburns and did some yard work. Decided to hit the evening bite on Tuesday. Got over there around 1600 and fished until just after sunset. Rods in and bam one small pomp, so im thinking its going to be a good night, well didnt get another hit all evening. Found very few fleas as well. Fish hit the same thing the red hit on, same rig, and same rod. Was a little more rough this day and had to go with 4 oz weights. The sargassum weed was the worst this day and there were a few man o war, but not a ton like last fall.

All in all it was a relaxing few days with the wife, all I could of asked for is more pomps, but the one we caught yesterday tasted real good this evening for dinner. Weather was absolutely awesome and the water was beautiful, its enjoyable even when you don't catch fish. Cant wait to get back out there when they really take off.​

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
That's an awesome shot of you releasing the red. Thanks for the report!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts