Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my grandson out to 3 mile bridge today. After rigging him up andshowing him how to hook a live shrimp, I casted his bait out. I explained that it was a circle hook so when he feels a bite just reel it in. While I was rigging mine (identically mind you) he promptly reeled in a white trout. I quit what I was doing and helped take the fish off of the hook, baited his one more time and casted it out for him. Just as I got a bait in the water he reels in another one. I helped him remove the fish and this time let him bait the hook, and cast it. Sure enough he didn't release the line and slung the shrimp off. Chuckleing at his lack of skills I showed him how to cast one more time. A few minutes later he's pulling in number 3. "Theres the needle-nose pliers, you can take him off yourself". I wassure my baitwas gone since I'd beentending tohis affairs but after checking it was still in good shape. At this point it was still amusing so I fired off a text message to the family "Bri Bri 3 - GrandMarky 0". Then came completely unassisted 4 and 5. Checked my bait, still good, put on a fresh one anyway.After 6, 7, and 8 I had him bait my hook. After 9 and 10 I was tired of him making excuses for me plus we only had a couple of very small shrimp left. I pulled the anchor and let him drive us home. The only difference in anything was that he had a 1/2 oz weight and I used a 3/4 oz weight. Both of us used #4 circle hooks, 18" of 15# fluorocarbon, and 12# power pro. I never got a nibble.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I say the REAL score today goes to Grandad. Although, in say, 30 years, he may beg to differ.

Good post.

Mark

·
Registered
313 Posts
Very nice post. :clap We had a great morning at the bridge. I cant wait to get the boy out for his first fishing trip, but that will still be awile.

Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts