Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'll post some pics of my Grand Slam this year....1 w/ a bow, 1 w/ a muzzle-loader, SEVERAL w/ my rifle, and today I finished w/ 1 w/ my shotgun.... I had many 1st this year....1st "official" bow kill w/ a new bow, 1st w/ my Thompson Prohunter black powder, and now 1st with my Benelli shotgun...

I found a few scrapes at a honey hole and a few days ago I put my climber on a tree nearby the scrapes. I sat last night and saw no deer but did see 3 foxes which were the bigest ones I have ever seen...They were funny to watch and when 2 of them came up to about 8 yards, I let out a can doe bleat. They looked up at me and I jumped at them just to watch em freak out...finished out a good day.:letsdrink

This morning I got up at about 0100 and saw that it was pouring...I went back to bed hoping it would be out of here by morning. I woke up at about 0500 and it was clear and a little cooler:letsdrink I headed out and walked about a mile to my stand. At about daylight, I looked to my right and saw a deer coming down the trail I walked up on.:banghead I thought it bedded down but could not tell what it was so I started to claw at the tree and grunt but it would not move:banghead I then looked to my left and noticed a deer about 25 yards off...It was a 2 inch spike...he came and went then I looked back to my right and noticed a bigger deer walking up my trail a little further off then the 1st deer:letsdrink I noticed he had 3 points on 1 side and the other side was screwy looking:reallycrying Well, he came to about 40-50 yards and I let a 3 inch mag. 000 buck fly! BAM, he jumped about 6 feet in the air and went crashing through the woods. I let him lay fer about an hour or so then tracked him about 150 yards....no blood at all fer about 35-40 yards but know a deer will head to the water so I checked the creek and found a GREAT blood trail:letsdrink. I don't know how many pellets a 3 inch 000 buck has in it but4 or 5 found its mark.:clap The nasty warts on the bucks leg are just that warts....Another deer killed from this area had nasty warts all over it and FWC said it did not contaminate the meat so it's all good! Good cul buck and I thought my scale was broken cause he only went 110lbs .....That makes 9 fer the season so far and 10 fer my famiy...Enjoy the pics and the re-cap of my GRANDSLAM!!!!

I told the ole lady, I gotta buy a pistol now to make it 5 different weapons...she didn't think to kindly of that:reallycrying:letsdrink

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
NICE! congrats on the slam and thanks for the report and pictures...

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tyler0421 (1/11/2008)Where are you hunting at?
I'm hunting mostly in the Escambia Farms area (private properties), North Baker....and in Walton County off Hwy 85...:usaflag

·
Registered
556 Posts
Damn, thats an ugly looking deer (the cull)...warts, rack, face, and all. Glad you put him out of his misery.

Congrats on your slam...that pretty cool to get all those deer with that many different weapons. Good Job!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats,:clap

Did he have the warts along his neck and back like the doe, it would be interesting to know what causes the warts...Genetics? diet?

·
Registered
433 Posts
U da man Jason... Glad to see you have a great year... Hope we get to do it again next year !! Congrats brotha...

:clap:clap

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome job man.

You get that one up in Laurel Hill?

We sat all day yesterday and had grunting and bucks everywhere but the dang things wouldn't step out. Rain cleared out nicely for the morning hunt.

Nice to see you had some great luck again.

Get you a muzzle load pistol and you can hunt through the end of February. Really up your odds.:letsdrink

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Jason...way to go dude! I'm with you ...needed to be killed. That would have been one pretty buck if he had a matchingright side. Not sure I could eat him unless I knew he was mixed in with all the others for sausage or something. I'm sure it's OK but it looks NASTY to me. PS...thanks for letting me and my little girl sit your stand a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats on a good season so far..still got a few weeks in Bama..Hunted in Conechu National Forest and Blue Springs WMA(bow)this weekend..saw 4 does in Conechu..very relaxed, no bucks around...saw 8 does in Blue...fed around me for over an hour..no bucks around them as well..stuck a nice 110 pounder just before dark(good eats)..RUT usually kicks in THIS week in this area, hope the cold snap fires them up...I have killed 3 nice bucks up there on January 14th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts