Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am comming down and camping in Big Lagoon State park in May. I was planning on fishing on Big Lagoon and saw the lake in the park Grand Lagoon. Has anyone fished there or is it a waste of time to try and fish it. Any advise will be appreciated. ON Big lagoon can you launch from Johnson Beach Road just west of Ft McRee. thanks.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
If your camping in BLSP, you can launch right there.
Or for another entrance fee you can launch from Johnson Beach Road if you want to drag/carry 30 yards to launch further east than @ BLSP.

I think the "lake" you see in GL is not much more than a navigable storm water retention pond connected to salt water.

·
Registered
92 Posts
True. I grew up in Seaglades (the neighborhood just east of Grand Lagoon). There's nothing to fish there other than maybe a few pier lights. Done good with the lights between there and the first condo to it's east (Wingate). Pulled in a monster red at the condo pier on a yak. Pretty deep water and a good bright light at the end.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I just saw it on the map and was wondering. I will be flyfishing but will have a spinning rod with me just in case. I plan on fishing early am to 8-9 am. any other suggestions for fishing the area.

·
Registered
262 Posts
lots of good grass flats on the south side (barrier island). I was out there yesterday testing a boat and saw a lot of juicy looking deep water along shoals and points.

·
Banned
553 Posts
All of these flats are easily accessible launching at the lagoon park. I myself would park and launch where the two yellow dots are, easy 50 yard pull to the water right onto a real nice grass flat.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,984 Posts
There is a kayak launch just yards to the east-- can't miss it as it is adjacent to the parking lot. Same on JB, take your first left as you enter the park. Better than trailblazing the dunes.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts