Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help please? I recently bought a boat and the GPS is a lowrance lms332. I am having a problem with it popping up a message saying that the unit is not responding. Does anyone why I am getting this message? It doesnt do this all the time just sometimes so it tells me it must be the wiring right? When I first had the GPS the chart had water depths all over the map I downloaded a update from lowrance and put in my system now the water depths are not on the chart?? Can anyone help a rookie out? Is there any way to download a better chart?

Thanks for any help

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts

Sorry I can't help on that perticular question, but Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chief,

Welcome to the forum. Great place and lots of help here.

About your GPS. I do not own a Lowrance unit, but I have had a few others. It sounds like you did not get a manual with your GPS unit when you bought the boat. I am going to guess that the settings on your GPS were reset to factory settings when you installed the new software/chart. Many GPS units have setting for what I will call screen clutter. You can usually set the depth for the different colors/shades, i.e. the unit will use a different color where the water is less than 25 feet deep or deeper than 150 feet (25 and 150 are used for example, you set them where you want them). The Nav aids and depth marks are usually configurable as well. I have units that allow for different densities of depth marks as well. I suggest you play with all the menu items and see what they do. You might try the Lowrance web site for a manual as well.:toast

While not my first post, this is my first post to the new forum site. I will have to get used to this new editorfeel.:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Gulf Cart hit it on the head. More than likely your antenna is caput, needs an update or is just not plugged in well.Check the connection and if it's ok call Lowrance. They've had problems with their antennas and are usually very generous and fast when it comes to replacement even if out of warranty.

About the contours, you will need to adjust your settings in the menu. If you don't have a manual go to the lowrance website and you should be able to download or view one there. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
From your manual located here:

http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/LMS-337CDF_0156-071_121704.pdf

This should help you get the detail that you want back on the screen.

Map Detail Category Selection
This menu determines which of the mapping features are shown on the
screen. This includes, waypoints, trails, icons, cities, highways, etc. You
can turn on or off any of these items to customize the map.
To get to Map Categories:
1. From the Map Page, press MENU|? to MAP CATEGORIES DRAWN|ENT.
2. Press ? or ? to select a category or press ? then press ? or ? to select
a subcategory. Press ENT to turn it off (no check) or on (checked.)
3. To return to the last page displayed, press EXIT|EXIT.

And here is Lowrance's number. Give them a call and they'll fix you up.

800-324-1356
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Standard Time, M-F

After doinga little internet research about the Lowrance GPS units, it seems that there was some issues regarding the antennas and having radar interfearence issues.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Chief,

If you are still having problems shoot me a pm and we can work out a day that I can come over and give you a hand in repairing it or installing a new antenna.

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts