Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tips for use ?, when do you power on, at launch? I just found my small spot, by the time I deploy trolling motor I have drifted off spot 35 feet +, do I motor back on gas motor then hit anchor button? OK to run gas motor slow with trolling motor down? Thanks

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I have a Rhodan. I power mine on at the ramp. When I get close to a spot, I put it down and ease up to it. When I like where I am, I hit the anchor button.

I've never had any concern easing along with the TM down while using the big motor.

·
Premium Member
9,249 Posts
I have a Rhodan. I power mine on at the ramp. When I get close to a spot, I put it down and ease up to it. When I like where I am, I hit the anchor button.

I've never had any concern easing along with the TM down while using the big motor.
This is me also. Rhodan here also.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Figure out which way the wind / current is going to drift you. Either by motoring slowly onto your spot and going into neutral, or if you don't want to disturb it for whatever reason, do that on a different spot nearby.

Then get close from down-drift side, deploy your troller and idle back to the spot slowly ... when you get there, hit your spot lock. Eventually you will shorten the curve on your deploy time and just learn to overshoot the spot a smidge before you deploy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bottom fishing Gulf, grouper, snapper. Good advice, just got my Rhodan and am a bit slow on the deploy. Slow motor on gas will work. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,126 Posts
When ever you hit that anchor button, what ever speed (drift/power) you are at...it will lock to that spot and it may throw ya out the boat cause its gonna do what it can do to get back to that spot...On my last off shore boat, I always deployed it found my spot then hit the anchor button...my newest sled, I haven't really used the lock on it yet...but will do the same....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bottom fishing Gulf, grouper, snapper. Good advice, just got my Rhodan and am a bit slow on the deploy. Slow motor on gas will work. Thanks
I have a motorguide Xi5 but it's the same concept. Go to your spot, deploy the trolling motor and slowly move using your big motor to the exact location and hit spot lock. It keeps me within 2-3ft of my spot every time...even in wind/current.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i have a rhodan. I power mine on at the ramp. When i get close to a spot, i put it down and ease up to it. When i like where i am, i hit the anchor button.

I've never had any concern easing along with the tm down while using the big motor.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I get close to my spot, usually downwind and down current. I then deploy my troll motor. I use my remote in manual mode and watch my bottom machine until I get right where I need to be and then hit the anchor button on the remote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts