Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

GPS trolling motor

941 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sealark 
#1 ·
Well Boys I am hearing that Minn Kota is about to have some real competition in the gps trolling motor market. My mechanic told me Garmin, Lawrence and power pole are all coming out with models this fall. Hopefully priced will be falling soon and maybe they will fix the power head chip problem.
Has anyone ever heard anything about these cayman motors. They are about half as much.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Half price sounds great, but new competitors may require some time to work out quality bugs and of course lower cost often means lower quality, but in general competition in the market is generally a good and welcome thing!

#3 ·
Lowrance has had their fresh water version out a couple of months. It seems to be priced well above the competition. They don't have a saltwater edition yet. Never have heard about the brand you mentioned...but I bought a Motorguide Xi5 because it links with Lowrance. I've been happy with it. Rhodan also makes a trolling motor to work with boats in the 30ft range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.