Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a Lowrance Elite-4 HDI FF/GPS in my newly purchased Outback and was hoping to get some advice. So many thanks in advance for your input!!!
I have been using the kayak for inshore and gulf fishing and am relatively new to the sport.
The unit I purchased did not come with a transducer. So I need that additional purchase and am trying to determine what type is needed.
Does the transducer need to be in contact with the water or will an internal mounted transducer work with the all the functions.
What are the thoughts about the scupper mounted transducer kits.
What are the thoughts about mounting the transducer to the bottom of the kayak with a cable going through the hull.

What is your preferred location of the unit on top of the kayak?

·
Registered
935 Posts
83/200 hz transducer skimmer mount, you can shoot thru the hull. You will loose a little water temp but it works fine. I mounted mine in the cup holder on a ram mount. If you want a side arm skimmer mount I have a new one never used it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ycanti, Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the transducer mounted internal to the kayak. I would rather not drill any mount holes if it is not necessary. Eastbayboy

·
Registered
220 Posts
Duct putty. I have both my 128t's ran thru hull and the work just as external except for about a 35 min delay on water temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts