Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved this email wondering if anyone has heard anything on this?

While you were watching the oil spill, the New York failed terrorist bombing and other critical crises, <span id=lw_1273639989_0 class=yshortcuts>Hillary Clinton signed the <span id=lw_1273639989_1 class=yshortcuts>small arms treaty with the UN.

<span id=lw_1273639989_2 class=yshortcuts>OBAMA FINDS LEGAL WAY AROUND THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND USES IT. IF THIS PASSES, THERE could BE WAR

<span style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #366388 2px dotted; CURSOR: hand" id=lw_1273639989_3 class=yshortcuts>On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a

Plan to Ban All <span id=lw_1273639989_4 class=yshortcuts>Firearms in the United States

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States . The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of <span style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #366388 2px dotted; CURSOR: hand" id=lw_1273639989_5 class=yshortcuts>international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those <span style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #366388 2px dotted; CURSOR: hand" id=lw_1273639989_6 class=yshortcuts>gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the <span id=lw_1273639989_7 class=yshortcuts>United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and <span id=lw_1273639989_8 class=yshortcuts>Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms. The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened.

Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to <span id=lw_1273639989_9 class=yshortcuts>new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign <span id=lw_1273639989_10 class=yshortcuts>gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the <span id=lw_1273639989_11 class=yshortcuts>local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment. This has happened in other countries, past and present!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE NOR A FALSE WARNING.

As sure as <span id=lw_1273639989_12 class=yshortcuts>government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control. Read the Article U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto. The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better. View The Full Article Here

Click on the link below for further acknowledgement?..

<span id=lw_1273639989_13 class=yshortcuts><a href="http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015">http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015</a>

:usaflag

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
Dunno,

You understand of course that Obama signed into law two laws that EXPANDED gun rights.

1. A law that allowed weapons to be carried on AMTRAK

2. A law that allows guns to be carried in National Parks.

It's important to note that our previous Administrations (Bush I or II or Clinton)did NOT pass either law...

But, instead, lets listen to rumor and innuendo and make it SCARY!!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I like my guns.... If Obama wants them, he better expect them to be loaded and aimed at the person(s) asking for me to hand them over...

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
jim t (12/05/2010)Dunno,

You understand of course that Obama signed into law two laws that EXPANDED gun rights.

It's important to note that our previous Administrations (Bush I or II or Clinton)did NOT pass either law...

Jim
Jim, hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but on bullit number two, Bush did sign the legislation to have concealed weapons in NP's. A judge (liberal or not I don't know, and don't really care) stepped in and blocked it. I'll insert some text from the write up along with the link. Not trying to stir, just pointing out some facts.

Some will cheer the news, while others might view it as an infringement on their rights as U.S. citizens to arm and protect themselves, even in national parks and refuges.

How do you feel about a temporary injunction issued late Thursday by a U.S. District Court judge in Washington, D.C., restoring rules that ban loaded, concealed firearms in our national parks?

The Bush administration, reversing a longstanding rule, issued the rule in December to allow concealed weapons in national parks for those with permits. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the National Parks Conservation Assn. sued Interior Secretary Kenneth Salazar, and U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kennedy granted the injunction.

She agreed that the Bush administration failed to follow federal environmental laws and also stated, "Brady has submitted declarations from several of its members indicating that they are now concerned for their personal safety in parks and refuges and cannot fully enjoy their visits to certain national parks or wildlife refuges because they feel less safe."

Link:

<a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/03/concealed-loade.html">http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/03/concealed-loade.html</a>

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
CCC (12/05/2010)Try checking Snopes, 90% of this stuff is bull.
I suggest you try another fact checker because Snopes is 90% bull.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
H2OMARK (12/05/2010)
jim t (12/05/2010)Dunno,

Jim
Jim, hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but on bullit number two, Bush did sign the legislation to have concealed weapons in NP's. A judge (liberal or not I don't know, and don't really care) stepped in and blocked it. I'll insert some text from the write up along with the link. Not trying to stir, just pointing out some facts.

Some will cheer the news, while others might view it as an infringement on their rights as U.S. citizens to arm and protect themselves, even in national parks and refuges.

How do you feel about a temporary injunction issued late Thursday by a U.S. District Court judge in Washington, D.C., restoring rules that ban loaded, concealed firearms in our national parks?

The Bush administration, reversing a longstanding rule, issued the rule in December to allow concealed weapons in national parks for those with permits. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the National Parks Conservation Assn. sued Interior Secretary Kenneth Salazar, and U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kennedy granted the injunction.

She agreed that the Bush administration failed to follow federal environmental laws and also stated, "Brady has submitted declarations from several of its members indicating that they are now concerned for their personal safety in parks and refuges and cannot fully enjoy their visits to certain national parks or wildlife refuges because they feel less safe."

Link:

<a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/03/concealed-loade.html[/quote"><a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/03/concealed-loade.html">http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/03/concealed-loade.html</a>[/quote</a>]

Mark,

I stand corrected.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
NP Jim, in my opinion, they are all POS's. I'll not vote for a single incumbant regardless of any affiliation.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
CCC (12/05/2010)Try checking Snopes, 90% of this stuff is bull.
I beleive there is no International treaty that overrides the US constitution, therefore this will not happen.Not to mention, if it were true why would they just recently allow guns in parks? The NRA is doing a good job making sure these douche bags can't take our weapons.

If and only IF this ever comes to fruition, it will be a horrible time to live in the US, specialy if your a non gun owning Gun control freak, you will be 100% helpless, cause I'm prettty sure your Gun owning neighbors will not rush to your defense in this situation.I certinly would not want to hurt thier feelings in any way or go against thier gun control views by useing my weapons to defend them.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Chris Couture (12/05/2010)I like my guns.... If Obama wants them, he better expect them to be loaded and aimed at the person(s) asking for me to hand them over...
+1:D......I have been good for many years to earn the right to own arms and carry too....I'll be darn if some politiction is going to say any different while I'm still alive and kicking....I just hope someone is behind me ready to take over.... so my collection doesn't go wasted :D

I believe it is my GOD given right to protect myself and family from the evil in this world....with any means possible!!! as long as I haven't given up that right by doing something illegal to loose that right...not just by someone's opinion..... that doesn't like guns

I hope and pray!! I never see that day either

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Generally, if something contains this: "THIS IS NOT A JOKE NOR A FALSE WARNING. " then it usually is a joke or a false warning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts