Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably shouldn't have done this, but I am so excited I can't stand it. I am trying to get my wife to email me pictures so I can post them.

Last year I killed the biggest buck I have ever killed and I got him back for my Taxidermist yesterday. Unbelievable.

I shot him in a deep creek bottom near Autugaville Al. I hung a fresh Tarsal Gland from a buck killed near Selma that was being turned in at Ken's Deer processing. The buck approached from down wind of the tarsal gland and was mad at the world. As he approached he crossed the creek 4 times and kept his head down, hair raised, ears pinned backand stomped every 5th step as he got closer. He was HOT. It was something to see. He scored 157 [email protected], 22"Inside38" Main Beam 9pt.

I discribed this to my Taxidermist and he brought him back to life. He is the most incredible mount I have ever seen. The guy that did it is a very close friend of mine, we hunt together and have for years. He had the taxidermy contract for the plantation that Jeff Foxworthy bought near Callaway Gardens, and Jeff retained him after he purchased the plantation. He is the best I have ever seen at making a mounted deer look alive. He duplicated the posture of the deer I shot perfectly, he is no doubt an Artist. He looks mad on my wall.

I am trying to get pictures.

If someone wants to talk to him, PM me and I will get you some info. He stays backed up, and the wait is sometimes tough, but worth every second. I would post his info, but I don't know if he would want me to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can't wait to see this pissed off buck!!! That is what I am hoping to find this season but will have to wait til late January early Febuary for that kind of reaction down here.

Hope to see that monster soon.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have mentioned thatthanks for the reminder.

I shot him on Jan. 23, 07.

My wife has the pictures on her Cel. and I am trying to coach her in sending them to me and I will post. I know it doesn't seem hard to most of you, but I promise, the Blind leading the Blind would beappropriate here.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
can't wait to see a picture curtis! congrats on a great buck. i've only seen one with my own eyes in that range. it was a 155" 10pt and just beautiful! i know youre excited to have him back!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am anxious to see this thing...your wife need any help sending the pics?

She should have an option under the photo on her phone to send...if you all have this option through your cell provider she should be able to enter your email address to get it to you...

Let us know.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is at Work in Gulf Shores. At worst my oldest son will be home around 3ish and I will get him to send me one.

Question: How do I get it from my Blackberry to my PC to post it? I will receive it on my phone, but I don't know how to post it from my Blackberry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You either need a USB connection or a docking station hooked up to your PC...otherwise, just send it to your PC email address from your phone. I believe that the Blackberry should allow you to put an email address in the "TO" field instead of a phone number?

That should work and then just save it from your email to your desktop to post it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well...after reading through a Blackberry forum, I am not sure you will have the option to email it to yourself. Need some specific software for that.

I have an HP Ipaq and the docking station sitting right here on my desk. If you run into problems let me know and I could receive it from your phone then email it back to you at your email address so you can post it?

Just an anxious hunter looking for some good rack! :toast

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yup...confimed with another blackberry owner...have to forward the message to a pc email address in noted in my first responce. That will allow you to get it on your PC.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now, I feel like an idiot. I should have waited to post this until I had pictures. I will have pictures in the morning and I will do this right. I don't want to pressure my wife anymore, and I was stupid for starting it with out pictures.

I promise not do anything this stupid, again.

Really, Iand I am just building interest before rollout, Marketing Degree.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Too funny...my marketing degree would have lead me to do the same thing.

Unfortunately, where I work, no one would believe me without pictures anyways.
We look forward to tomorrow's post.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whats really bad in my original post, the first thing I said is I know I shouldn't do this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts