Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
4,058 Posts
that's the kind of buck I like seeing shot. a true 8 outside the ears. fantastic deer, definately got my approval curtis. let me know when you and the boys can come up

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
wish I could see one like that. My wife has said no to deer mounts. I play along with her right now because I haven't gotten one worth mounting, but if I bagged one like that, well, she can sleep in the garage.

One thing though, fromwhat little you've shown of your wallI'm thinking it could use a wood backing. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
WOW:clap Definitly one to make ANY hunter new OR experienced proud.:bowdown:bowdown

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
AUradar (12/11/2007)

One thing though, fromwhat little you've shown of your wallI'm thinking it could use a wood backing. What do ya'll think?
Interesting you would say that. I have 9 mounts and it is the only one that is not on a backboard of some type, and I kinda like it. I thought about the same question. Here is pic from the side and you can see the base better. Look at his ears tucked back and muzzle down, isn't that Cool.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks real good Curtis! I'll call when I have mine down like that this afternoon!:letsdrink You're gonna need a much bigger wall soon!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
very nice curtis, congratulations:clap...thanks for sharing and yes your wife sure is pretty...how the heck did you talk her into marrying shrek??:poke

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ultralite (12/11/2007)very nice curtis, congratulations:clap...thanks for sharing and yes your wife sure is pretty...how the heck did you talk her into marrying shrek??:poke
There was a bribe involved. And don't forget Shrek has some tallent too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
WOW :bowdown on the subject of the wood backing i think it would maybe take away from the deer, who did the mount by the way? it is unreal his posture, ears expression everything!!! congrats!!!!:clap

·
Registered
448 Posts
Man that is gorgeous. Where'd you get him done at? What's an average price range for a buck mount?.....It's a shame to know that if my grandad was still alive I probably would have been doing taxidermy beore I could walk. He owned the Abc school of taxidermy in Pensacola....God works in mysterious ways.

Take care. kenny.

4,058 Posts
mounts these days are runnin upwards of $350-400. mine that is getting done presently has his ears all the way out to the side (so to accentuate his spread), and his nose is angled down, as if he was trying to scent-check a doe; it's pretty damn cool. no backboard on mine either.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, congratulations!!It hasgreatspread, a true trophy!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I posted this in the the thread I shouldn't have started yesterday (I didn't have pictures) but anyway:

The guy that done this deer is a very close friend of mine and we have hunted together for years. He had a contract to do the Taxidermy work for the Plantation that Jeff Foxworthy bought near Callaway Gardens. After Jeff bought the Plantation, he retained my friend to do all the Taxidermy work for his Camphouse/lodge. Now he does most all the work now if I am not mistaken. His attention to detail is unbeleivable. The ears on the mount in this thread has muscles tense at the base of each ear that look like he is alive and flexing muscles in anger.

I didn't post his name and info because I am sure he doesn't want to be price shopped, but I don't mind sharing it if someone is willing to pay him for the art he creates. He is the best I have ever seen, but he is not going to be the same price as most everyone else.

PM me if you want details.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts