Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Best way to cook FRESH mullet is a fillet knife behind the head to the backbone fillet down the back bone to the tail area flip it and skin it in another slice! Geta 10 inch blade thin and sharp and you can knock out those 200 mullet in 20 minutes! Plus its all meat no bones and what ya waste will never hurt the bounty!

FRIED MULLET

preheat oil to 350-375* I just use fish fry Zatarans and Cheyene perpper, more the better, but usually with 4-5 mins it floats pop one out and break it open, nice white and not slimy its absolutely perfect then! Dig in Boys!

OH YEAH.... I like the small 12-14 inches not those 2-3 lbers.... small ones are the tickets! Just like the ones yall caught!

What sucks for me is my Wife hates fish, My kids are allergic to them.... so I have to travel to eat fish!

Steve

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I know where that is. Nice catch guys, and thatcanned Mullet recipe is in the recipe section. Been wanting to try it for a while, and this might be as good a time as any with them wadded up like that. Tight lines, and THANXXXXXXx for the post and great pics............... T

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
We scooped up about 40 of 'em this morning, most still flopping around. I couldn't find a school to throw on, but the cold had 'em stunned pretty good.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I WAS GONNA THROW MY NET THIS MORNING WHEN I SAW ALL OF THE MULLET ON THE EDGE OF THE SHORE LINE STILL FLOPPING AROUND. I WENT HOME AND GOT MY KNEE BOOTS AND CRAB NET AND SCOOPED UP ABOUT 250 MULLET IN A HOUR OR SO. MOST WERE STILL ALIVE,HAD TO CHASE THEM DOWN. IT WAS A BLAST!! BEEN HERE FOR 40 YEARS AND NEVER GOT MULLET WITH A CRAB NET BEFORE. I GOT HOME AND FILLETED A DOZEN OR SO AND FIRED UP MY COOKER AND SAT ON THE COOLER WITH THE DUKE AND ATE TILL WE WERE FULL. THE REST ARE TO BECOME A BUTT LOAD OF CHUM. TIM TOOK 30 OF THE SMALLER ONES ABOUT 8" AND SPLIT TAILED AND DEBONEDTHEM FOR TROLLING THEM THIS SPRING FOR WHAHOO AND MARLIN. AT LEAST ALL OF THEM WONT GO TO WASTE.

·
Registered
725 Posts
<P align=left>Officers Steve Bartlett, Pete Rockwell, Ken White, and Andy Maltais conducted two<P align=left>special details targeting trespass complaints and over the bag limit of mullet off of Gap<P align=left>Creek. The details resulted in the following charges: Officer Maltais cited two<P align=left>individuals for possession of 197 mullet; Officer Rockwell cited two subjects for the<P align=left>possession of 79 mullet and over the vessel bag limit; Officer Bartlett cited one subject<P align=left>for possession of 98 mullet and another for possession of 102 mullet and Officer White<P align=left>cited two individuals for possession of 233 mullet. During one contact, Officers<P align=left>Rockwell and Bartlett were on foot patrol at Gap Creek and observed two individuals<P align=left>casting for mullet. As the officers approached, the individuals saw them and dumped<P align=left>their harvested fish back into Gap Creek. The individuals were cited for interference.<P align=left>One of the individuals had been cited previously by Officer Rockwell for over the bag<P align=left>limit of mullet in the same location. All the fish seized during these operations were<P align=left>donated to approved charitable organizations.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
BentStraight (1/11/2010)<P align=left>Officers Steve Bartlett, Pete Rockwell, Ken White, and Andy Maltais conducted two<P align=left>special details targeting trespass complaints and over the bag limit of mullet off of Gap<P align=left>Creek. The details resulted in the following charges: Officer Maltais cited two<P align=left>individuals for possession of 197 mullet; Officer Rockwell cited two subjects for the<P align=left>possession of 79 mullet and over the vessel bag limit; Officer Bartlett cited one subject<P align=left>for possession of 98 mullet and another for possession of 102 mullet and Officer White<P align=left>cited two individuals for possession of 233 mullet. During one contact, Officers<P align=left>Rockwell and Bartlett were on foot patrol at Gap Creek and observed two individuals<P align=left>casting for mullet. As the officers approached, the individuals saw them and dumped<P align=left>their harvested fish back into Gap Creek. The individuals were cited for interference.<P align=left>One of the individuals had been cited previously by Officer Rockwell for over the bag<P align=left>limit of mullet in the same location. All the fish seized during these operations were<P align=left>donated to approved charitable organizations.

"LAW ENFORCEMENT" officers have no $%^&* business citing people for scooping up dead mullet. You didnt catch them, they died naturally. They didnt die because someone broke the law and caught too many.

They are going to smell if left on shore. Someone scooping up mullet that died from the cold is doing the local residents a favor.

Law needs to use some "uncommon sense" sometime, since obviously its not common.

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
"<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl29_lblFullMessage><DIV class=Quote>nextstep (1/10/2010) <HR class=hr SIZE=1 noShade>pcb

std

gdb

stp

wtf

eat em up yum!

hell yell!!</DIV>

That mentality, isThe reasonwe have the worst drinking water in the USA! I guess we should keep it a secret before it affects real estate appraisals...yum!

Hey Mark, Baked PCB's.........................Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wish I could find the basterd that dumped a bunch of cleaned mullet in the ditch beside my house on Orion Parker in Navarre (yes you MFER FU).

Sorry just annoys me. F'in Eglin is right up the road.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Dumping the dead carkus's was bad... We just dig a hole in the garden or back corner of the yard.

That is not a hard thing to do and fertilizes the garden.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts