Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Got me a BW double today!

2K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  espo16 
#1 ·
Well this morning I decided to brave the rain and try to go out and make something happen. Well I got in the stand about 8am as it was still raining. As the rain slacked off I used the can three times and then did a tending grunt on the grunt call and this 6pt came out. I sat and looked at him and I pondered on it for a few minutes then I was thinking I sure do need some meat and well I let the ole .270 bark. Made a perfect shot at 85 yards double lung and he only ran about 40 yards. Well as I was coming home my dad gave me a call and told me my mom and him where going to sit in the truck on the power line this evening in the Hutton Unit. Well I tagged along signed in as a guest with him then went and got settled in some little pines. Well sure as soon as I got in the stand I turned the can and did another tending grunt call and a spike came in hot. It was pretty cool watching him. Then it rained from 2:30pm to 3:45pm pretty steady. Well after it finished raining I saw a doe cross the road then she crossed back where she came from. Then in the distance I hear grunt,grunt, grunt then I see him come crashing through the woods. Well he stepped out at about 120 yards and I saw a big rack and let the .270 bark again. He was DRT on the spot didn't move after that. Both hawks on the deer were black. All together it was a fun day. I guess I am making up for the three does I missed during bow season.:thumbup:

Sorry I didn't get any better pictures it was still sprinkling as we were cleaning the deer so we were trying to get everything done as fast a possible.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks guys. That 8pt is my biggest buck to date now. He isnt big enough to pay for a full mount but I am having a skull mount done on him. And props to my dad going scouting on those hot ass days. If we didn't do the scouting we did back in July during the hog hunts this 8pt probably wouldn't have been shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.