Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got me a Ruger new model super blackhawk 44. mag 7" barrell, single action revolver. cant wait to shoot it....

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
hold on to your hat. It's a kick in the butt. Take ear protection and have fun.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I deer hunted with a redhawk 7 1/4" barrel for a couple of year. put a little time in with it and they are accurate larger calibre shooters

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
I'm just curious why you chose blackhawk over redhawk.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I used to shoot a 41 mag blackhawk. It had the long barrel too. Sweet gun! I killed 1 deer with it but not before I had missed the biggest buck I ever shot at. It's different looking down the sights when you're 20 feet up in a treestand. I was dangerous with it standing flatfooted on the ground but it was a different out of the stand.:banghead

In my opinion, a Redhawk, (Double action), in a big caliber just isn't necessary. By the time you recover from the recoil you can have a single action cocked and ready to shoot again. I had a 3 lb. pulltrigger job on the blackhawk I used to shoot. I never was very accurate shooting a double action without cocking it first anyway.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally would rather have a single over a double action... but the main reason is the way I aquired the gun, I traded it for a marllin 30-30 lever with over and under sights and a scope...:usaflag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts