Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my captains license and boats that are more than adequate to run charters from but it's BS they get a head start on the season and I won't join in. Give your local representatives a call and get this robbery turned around. In case you missed my post because this jackass attached a giant poster over it I'll say it again. The government can manage but the fish, but they belong to you and I they, are giving them to private entities by allowing a head start on private fishermen, if anything it should be the otherway around.

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Screw red snapper, give me white trout.

Dang it Tom, keep it on the down low....You know they scan this forum frequently and now there will be a 5 per person limit on white's!!!:001_huh::whistling:

Reactions: BananaTom

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sloppy, We all agree with you but the above posts are correct. Our rights were taken away a long time ago and we are only allowed what they say we can have. It is sad but true. You could even mention the 2 or 3 men that lost their lives last year in the small cape horn because they went out on a day they should not have due to conditions but they wanted their 2 snapper each. Our ability or right to feed our family is not as important as commercial fishers right to feed theirs from our shared resource. Money talks. Welcome to reality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All you guys that say it's been beat to death, wtf where on this forum? wtf is that going to do? Nothing! Call your local reps! By the way I have been fishing all the wrecks I fished in late may that were loaded with red snapper are now pillaged, bunch of undersized fish. I know some Jack wagon Is going to come along and say some shit about getting private numbers and that I ain't doing it right but sorry I work for a living and don't have the time to stare at my sounder all day when public reefs I help pay for should do and would do if commercial guys were gone. Getting the federal permit is part of the problem! They give them to select individuals that sit on them forever. Again this is a resource that belongs to everyone. If the populations are that endangered commercial operations need to come to an end. Don't just sit back and watch the privatization of public lands and resources become a thing you OK with.

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
You're about 10 years too late, bro...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
All you guys that say it's been beat to death, wtf where on this forum? wtf is that going to do? Nothing! Call your local reps! By the way I have been fishing all the wrecks I fished in late may that were loaded with red snapper are now pillaged, bunch of undersized fish. I know some Jack wagon Is going to come along and say some shit about getting private numbers and that I ain't doing it right but sorry I work for a living and don't have the time to stare at my sounder all day when public reefs I help pay for should do and would do if commercial guys were gone. Getting the federal permit is part of the problem! They give them to select individuals that sit on them forever. Again this is a resource that belongs to everyone. If the populations are that endangered commercial operations need to come to an end. Don't just sit back and watch the privatization of public lands and resources become a thing you OK with.
don't take it personally, go get your 2 fish per trip, take them home, then go get a few more. Be thankful, you can do that much... strikelines supposedly sells good productive numbers....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts