Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me old boat is in need of a paint job, its 24 feet, anybody have a guestamate.

And about how much is a thermostat housing?

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
overNunder (1/2/2008)Me old boat is in need of a paint job, its 24 feet, anybody have a guestamate.

And about how much is a thermostat housing?
Do you have any idea how many makes, types (inboard/outboard/2cy/4cy/gas/diesel), horsepower, engines are made for boats....all using a thermostat/housing?:banghead:banghead:banghead..I'm guessing from $10.00 to $150.00

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it, just tryin to get a ball park price. I'm sporting volvo pentas 4 cyl, I was told that its a GM 4 cylinder so I guess car part stores would be worth looking at too ???

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
overNunder (1/2/2008)I know it, just tryin to get a ball park price. I'm sporting volvo pentas 4 cyl, I was told that its a GM 4 cylinder so I guess car part stores would be worth looking at too ???
Is this what it looks like??

http://motors.search.ebay.com/volvo-thermostat-housing_Boat-Parts_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ26443QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQssPageNameZRC0021?_trksid=p1638.m120

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tuna Man (1/2/2008)
overNunder (1/2/2008)I know it, just tryin to get a ball park price. I'm sporting volvo pentas 4 cyl, I was told that its a GM 4 cylinder so I guess car part stores would be worth looking at too ???
Is this what it looks like?? Yep, very similar. It'd be jammup if its around 30. Thanks a bunch.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/volvo-thermostat-housing_Boat-Parts_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ26443QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQssPageNameZRC0021?_trksid=p1638.m120

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
On the paint you can figure a start at $150ft. Depends how rough it is.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would it make any cheaper if I sanded it, or is the $150 a foot a base price for everything.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah, and it won't be the whole boat. Seems like the previous owner stated at the the bottom of the hull and didn't finish, so it'd only be the gunnels and top of the cabin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts