Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it to the seashore around 11:30Pm Thursday and got started. Got everything set up and had baits in the water with by around 1:00Am. About an hour later the bonnethead carcass I had on my 9/0 got picked up, then dropped. I had another run around daylight that ended in a mysterious cutoff:mad:. After that, I went over to PCB and picked up a new reel, and a cooler full of Spanish, sheepshead, and red carcasses and headed back to the sand. I made it back late and when I got to 36A I ran I saw an absolute mess waiting to happen. A large group had set up in front of the access and apparently did not have sufficient weights. Every line I could see was running nearly due east! I decided to head farther west and wound up at 33A. I met Joey Polk as he was leaving(super nice guy!), he said the pomps and red had been biting good so I decided to set up there. The surf yielded a few sandwiches but no sharks. Saturday night we only got 3 baits out of 10 ran out, it was ROUGH! I had already asked for help in finding a bayside spot(THANKS ThaFish!!) with plans on moving at 10PM but by that time the my cousins had all fallen asleep so I decided to stay. We had a couple hookups with no landings and couldn't rerun baits so I finished up my trip catching a couple more pompano and slot drum. It was a great weekend with the family and we all had a blast. That being said, DAMMIT I NEED TO CATCH A SHARK!!! Hopefully they will cooperate better next time :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 5 of 5 Posts