Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
This needs to be on national news so everyone knows what is really going on. What should also be on national news is why the containment efforts are taking so long and that falls on the federal govt. as far as i am concerned. As to why BP did not already have some of these devices in place prior to this accident is the million dollar question.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Drill baby Drill or maybe we could saysupport the middle east bypurchasingour oil needs. Stop and think about the millions of devices, engines, boats, cleaners that either use oil or oil buy products. What needs to happen is we need to get BRITISH Petroleum of our shores and let some local companies do the work. If we Drill and drill responsibly our economy would prosper, the middle east would be in economic horror over the dropping price and demand of their oil, and more and more jobs would be created in the process. Now i do think that eventually we need cleaner and greener fuels. During the next twenty years i would hope that something would come along that can slowly lift us from the burden of oil. Realistically there is know immediate answer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The amount of oil in U.S. is nothing compared to our demand. We would not last long if we depended on domestic oil. If we tapped into every deposit the middle east would probably never notice, just means more oil to sell to China.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Domestic oil stays in the US, but, that does not make oil any cheaper. You can pump as much oil in the US all you want and all you are going to do is increase their profit margin because they won't have to ship it as far to get it here. Most of our oil comes from Canada. Why? Because it is close. The price of a barrel of oil is not different depending on where it is pumped from. The major producers of oil set output at certain amounts to keep the price of oil at a level they consider enough. The oil industry is IMO the largest example of organized crime. Today is a perfect example. There are STOCKPILES OF OIL AND GAS, producers of oil are not at max capacity and oil refiners have dropped back production due to the fact that gas is sitting around just waiting to be used. Yet, the price of gas is not dropping(at least not as fast as it should).

Oil is not dictated by supply vs demand like many would have you believe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Strange, I see that BP says they are recovering 2000 barrels of oil daily (average)using the riser insertion tool, but I did not hear them mention how much oil is continuing to gush into the Gulf of Mexico. (Note, they are just staying away from that 5000 barrels a day figure because they want everyone to forget that was the original amount they said was being leaked). Also, if the Top Kill method fails, the only other two things I see them trying toattempt is to recover oil from the top of the BOP. I guess they have abandoned the Junk Shot into the BOP now.

Nice presentation, but I'm not buying it, and neither will the majority of the American Public. Nice try, however.

The Top Kill better work, or theyshouldbe moving on out of the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts