Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out last night about 5:00. It was choppy, but we anchored upat our "new hole", and caught 1-20lbs 37", 1-7lbs 27", 1-8lbs 27", and 1-9lbs 27". Had a blast!! I will add pics soon!! Hey Bobby, thanks for the ride!!!!!! Vinnie

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were anchored up next to one of the old sections that sits out by itself. Almost to the hump. What worked for us last night was: taking a piece of cut mullet and throwing it out with no weight, just a #6 circle hook tied to a leader, threw it out and let if float on top, and i guess it did sink down some, but not very much. They it it like a freight train!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I dont think he ever said he kept any of these.. but he had his pick of LEGAL fish (27") to choose from.. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he knows the bag and size limits!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks like a fence and a house to me. Either that fish was caught in Alabama, or he should have viewed that pic. closer before posting:doh.

BD

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Looks like a good catch, congrats.

Just a reminder, there is thePINCH THE TAILrule when measuring. I haven't seen any local reds @8lbs or more within that slot.

Happy fishing

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Look at the pictures before you post...How bout that. I dont care what he does but the fwc might. That fish is toooo big and he is on land, there is a house and fence in the backround....What do you have to say about it now:moon:moon:moon

401 Cay (12/30/2007)I dont think he ever said he kept any of these.. but he had his pick of LEGAL fish (27") to choose from.. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he knows the bag and size limits!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm with pinksnappercatcher in that top picture he's holding up a bull red, now I can't see the house and fence because it's to dark, but I can clearly see the guide post from the trailer that means he's on land. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that the fish could have been released after the photo at the boat ramp. still a bad call non keeper fish should be released immediately. JMO :boo

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay guys, I am very new to fishing and this <U>is</U> the biggest fish I ever caught. I kept the fish long enough to take a picture and then released. For those of you who don't believe me, well I don't know what to tell you! Believe what ever you want!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
redrunner (12/30/2007)What a dirtbag. Good thing he put that pic of his boat on his signiture, you can see his boat numbers.
redrunner, I don't know if you are talking about me or not. I don't have my boat in my signature, I just put a pic of it in the first post, but if you want to call someone a "dirtbag" and get their numbers off the boat, I'll tell you where the boat is right now and you can come on over and get a closer look!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
redrunner (12/30/2007)I'm sorry, , I thought your boat pic was dirtbags, I mean spiveys.
"Redrunner" it wasent Pinksnappercatcher who replied to you, it was me vspivey. You know I don't really give a sh--- wheather you think I should have taken the picture or not have taken it. But calling someone childish names is just ignorant.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay guys, this is the last post I'll put on here. I made a huge MISTAKE doing what I did! I was so excited about the fish I wasen't really thinking. I will not make this mistake twice. I know it was wrong but there is nothing I can do about it now. Sorry if I offened anyone, I know all of you guys go strickly by the book and I guess I should be as well.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
The guy admitted he was wrong, apolagized, and most of all said he learned from his mistake. I really hope the bashing will stop now, and that the whole point of the bashing was to help him see his mistake and admit it. Mission acomplished.

vs, bull reds are great eating, I go to Alabama and catch them with friends, limit is one oversized per person.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
vspivey (12/30/2007)Okay guys, this is the last post I'll put on here. I made a huge MISTAKE doing what I did! I was so excited about the fish I wasen't really thinking.

don't worry about it...keep posting...eric had some very good advice without criticism...take it from the "pro"...move on and keep posting...this is a very informative forum and no need to avoid it...

congrats on the catch and thanks for the report...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts