Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back into kayaking and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with fishing these areas? I'm from south Florida and used to fishing back country and mangroves. I know there is none up here but want to find some good back country fishing. These places look pretty good! What are your experiences? Lookin for reds and trout escpescially to sight fish... better in winter? Good places to launch or do you go to other places? Thanks and hopefully will get to meet some of y'all out there...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Grass flats are better in the summer in my experience. Typically better at dusk and dawn or any low light situation. They gather around the dock lights at night. That Noriega area (top) hold some rat reds and specks around the broken docks... I've tried up in the "fingers" but never had any luck. No experience on the other two areas. Look up shoreline boat launch and hit that area or anything around Grand Lagoon/Oyster Bar area in Perdido. There are lots of flats out that way as well as good dock lights. Good luck

·
Registered
478 Posts
I fish Simpson's River a lot, not only because it is close to my house, but it gives access to a lot of shoreline. Out on the flats at the mouth was great last summer and lots of specs around the grass shores. Simpson's is at the second bridge coming our of Pace on Hwy 90 heading toward P'cola. Nice ramp for kayak launch also.

Greg

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
There all great at times. We killed it up in those area this year already. But if you want to sight fish the lower bay and sound is on fire right now. You can find time to sight fish hiring the summer in the rivers but the fall to spring is much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts