Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Staying on Navarre Beach next weekend and looking for some good eats. We've been to Flounders over on Pensacola Beach and really like it. Also really liked Cactus Flower or whatever it's called. Will the places on the boarwalk be open this time of year or is that a summer thing? Any good places on Navarre Beach?

Also, at least one night we would like to go out and enjoy whatever kind of night life was available so looking for suggestions on that as well. I guess if the boardwalk is open, we could go there.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Downtown Pensacola is a 30 min drive and has tons of good places to visit, pedestrian, park and walk around. Restaurants, clubs, bars, all sorts of things to do. Try the Global Grill on Palafox for dinner, then hang out in some of the local spots

·
Registered
875 Posts
Peglegs and the Grand Marlin on Pensacola Beach are both good. Peglegs is casual, Marlin more upscale. I live in Pensacola and have avoided the boardwalk on weekends after dark for years. You should do the same.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cactus flower is good

Hachi is by far my favorite place to eat in Navarre. It is simple, cheap and fast Japanese food. Similar to a Hibatchi place without the show.

Helen back pizza is good but not the best, NYPDs is better.

Juana's Pagodas is all right but customer service wa lacking the two times I've been and refuse to go back.

East river smoke house is straight up terrible. Idk how they make enough to move into that bigger restaurant.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
NYPD Pizza just west of the bridge on the south side of 98 is good. We stopped on the way out to the beach house last weekend and got an XL to eat while watching FSU/Clemson.
Helen Back is a good place to drink beer and the pizza is OK but not as good as NYPD. Same with CJ's Front Porch - good place to drink beer, seafood baskets are OK BUT their prices have really gone up, not really in-line with the atmosphere.

·
On a boat
901 Posts
I completely forgot about NYPD and Hachi. Both are excellent!!! I prefer the NYPD's atmosphere over Hellenback, to much MMA for me at Hellenback.

Next to them is Vine, pretty nifty little wine bar if you like wine, their beer selection is nothing special.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Johnny Huston's Grille & Bar has great hamburgers
I'll second that. I've only eaten there once but the hamburgers are excellent. I didn't feel uneasy with the crowd there.
Same with CJ's Front Porch. Never felt threatend with the crowd there.
Used to be that the term "Biker Bar" would connote bad people. Now it's just most likely regular people that happen to like riding motorcycles.
You can usually tell what kind of bikers are there by the kind of bikes they ride.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
I'll second that. I've only eaten there once but the hamburgers are excellent. I didn't feel uneasy with the crowd there.
Same with CJ's Front Porch. Never felt threatend with the crowd there.
Used to be that the term "Biker Bar" would connote bad people. Now it's just most likely regular people that happen to like riding motorcycles.
You can usually tell what kind of bikers are there by the kind of bikes they ride.
Ha, yeah, it's mostly people staying at the beach, locals, and some middle aged people who like to ride bikes and wear leather vests (my cousin is guilty of that). Hobby riders, not Hell's Angels types.

·
On a boat
901 Posts
Ha, yeah, it's mostly people staying at the beach, locals, and some middle aged people who like to ride bikes and wear leather vests (my cousin is guilty of that). Hobby riders, not Hell's Angels types.
I'm not worried about the Hell's Angel's types more just a large crowd of folks together getting to loud and rowdy.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
I'm not worried about the Hell's Angel's types more just a large crowd of folks together getting to loud and rowdy.
It's always packed during the tourist season. Might be better now that the weather has started cooling. I don't drive out that way very often, though, when I am not on my way to other places east.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts