Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/trump-signs-executive-order-requiring-prices-for-medical-services-be-made-public?fbclid=IwAR1keRTXd_68lvC3Wf79QrQ1gOKAm0fE4Jd5iKF_PXrbP-73dapPo9AMYJk

WASHINGTON - Most women during pregnancy, receive at least one ultrasound and whether it’s paid for by insurance or out of pocket, there is a price tag.

Trump signs Executive Order requiring prices for medical services be made public
Trump signs Executive Order requiring prices for medical services be made public

In 2016, the average price in Canton, Ohio, was $183, while just 60 miles away, in Cleveland, the price was nearly three times as high–-$522 dollars, according to a study published in the journal, Health Affairs.

It’s these drastic variations the Trump Administration says it’s trying to avoid, with President Trump’s latest Executive Order requiring hospitals and insurers to disclose negotiated rates for medical services.

“Where else in our economy which functions on pricing mechanisms, do we see that prices go up when there’s disclosure of prices go down because you compete for customers," said Alex Azar, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Those customers, should simply know what’s on the menu and how much it costs, said Maria Andrews who owns the restaurant and banquet hall, Boccardi’s Italian Imports, in Springfield, Illinois, just like her customers do.

"They are able to figure out what they want to order, they can look and see what the beverages are going to cost, if they want a glass of wine or a bottle of wine," Andrews said in an interview Monday, adding she hopes it will make healthcare more affordable for her employees.

But critics, including those in the healthcare industry that have fought for decades to keep these prices hidden, argue it could have the opposite effect, causing prices to rise if competitors get bigger discounts from insurers than they do.

Secretary Azar disagrees. "If our hospitals and others-- if they’re embarrassed by these prices, lower them," he said.

This executive order comes as the 2020 campaign is in full swing, with many critics of the Trump Administration say he’s got many unfulfilled promises when it comes to healthcare, including the repeal and replace of Obamacare and the drastic lowering of prescription drug costs.

I say good.

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed. When you stop to think about it, It’s amazing that we don’t get screwed any worse than we do.

I’m selling a service.
You gotta pay me.
But I’m not telling you the cost.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I’m all for it as years ago I got charged almost $800 more for an MRI than the outfit I now use charged
This will help a lot of folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts