Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the boat had not been ran in almost1.5 months and I had some time off yesterday after fixing my wife's car:doh. That's another story. But I got the boat hooked up and headed down to Garcon Point to launch only to be able to see the end of the ramp out of the water.:banghead Super low tide was not going to allow me to launch my boat there.

Turn around and head to Archie Glover and finally launch the boat. Heading out of the non-channel and I thought I was not going to make it out of there either. Bumped bottom once or twice.

Made the run to the 3-mile bridge to wet a line. Met up with Dave (naclh2odave) and his family in their boat. They had just anchored so I toss them a line and we chat and throw some gulp and other lures. Nothing for a while, then it was like a light switch at the white trouthouse came on. Every cast was a decent white trout. Dave's boys finally started catching some fish as well. It's great to here the excitement in a kids voice when a fish is on the hook.

I loaded the boat with some and handed them to Dave since they were going to fry em up and I did not feel like cleaning them when I got home.

I ran the boat, wet a line, caught some fish, and had a nice relaxing afternoon on the water. Man I am going to miss this place when I move. No pics. Just storytime.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,849 Posts
You got out of there about 15 minutes ahead of the wind picking up. I had only a mile to go to the ramp and I took some some spray over the bow. You left just in time for your run back.

Thanks for your fish,we werecleaning fish till dark, Iasked Pompano joe if he wanted some and he came over and helped clean. I didn't count how many there were but we both had more than enough for a meal. Kari decided to try to debunk the theory of not being able to freeze them. We'll have to see how that works out.

Hopefully we'll get out some more before, well before too long.

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naclh2oDave (1/19/2010)Kari decided to try to debunk the theory of not being able to freeze them. We'll have to see how that works out.
Dave, I have vacuum sealed them plenty of times with no problems what so ever. White trout is soft when it's fresh and tastes the same to me even after frozen for months. That's with a vacuum sealer.

Oh and the wind picked up on my ride home as well. But I had following waves/chop which made it much nicer. Didn't pull back on the throttle all the way home. But I did think that it was going to be a little wet for you heading into the chop.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,849 Posts
Yea, she vacuumed sealed them with marinade, and some with breading. That way they will be a quick and easy meal next month when she has to cook for herself. :hungry

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
Dern Jon, sounds like something I gotta do....Going to Missourri this Friday and when I get back, I gotta work 7 straight so don't know when I'll get a chance to put mine in the water:doh:letsdrink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts